1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2015-16 NHL Season Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by UtilityPlayer, Oct 7, 2015.

Tags:
  1. UtilityPlayer

UtilityPlayer Member

The regular season starts tonight.

Rooting for the Dallas Stars to win another Cup.

2. dkamberi25

dkamberi25 Member

Should be another fun year with plenty of competition. Especially in the east where you have a lot of teams that are not separated by much.

My pick for the cup is Blues over Islanders. I think this is the year the Blues take that step. They have 3 solid scoring lines and the likes of Tarasenko and Schwartz are primed to have huge offensive years. They are loaded on the blue line and I expect Allen to take the reigns in net. With the Islanders they took that first step last season and I think it continues this year. Tavares is already a stud and I'm predicting a Hart Trophy season for him. They added Leddy and Boychuk last season to their blue line just before the season and I expect now with a full year under their belts in New York that defense to be even better and Halak is a real good goalie.

3. UtilityPlayer

UtilityPlayer Member

Dallas Stars & Montreal Canadiens are beasting , two best teams in the league at this moment.

4. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

At the quarter mark, Dallas is tearing it up. Not only winning, but fun to watch. And if any of you all haven't seen 3 on 3, you're missing out. As far as gimmicks to end games go, this one's a winner.

5. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

So how is the all star game suppose to work?

Division vs division, and the the winners play in the championship period/round?

6. dkamberi25

dkamberi25 Member

First big trade of the season went down yesterday as the Preds shipped Seth Jones to the Blue Jackets for Ryan Johansen. Johansen was in the dog house with Torts in Columbus but the fact remains that he is a former top 5 pick back in 2010 and he is coming off of two really good seasons where he showed the makeup of a top line center. Jones the son of former NBA plaeyer Popeye Jones is also a former top 5 pick from 2013 and he has established himself as a top young defensemen with an emerging offensive game.

I like this trade for Nashville as they had a surplus on the blueline and have been in need of offensive talent forever. This now gives them a legit top 2 center pairing with Johansen and Forsberg.

7. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

OK Puckheads:

We're at the quarter pole. Dallas still doing well. Montreal dropped like a rock.

In the East the Florida teams are doing well, but I think it will be Rangers, or Washington. Ovechkin's recharged, but I don't yet fully trust him in the playoffs. Detroit on course for its TWENTY FIFTH straight playoff appearance. Wow.

In the West, I still like Dallas -- just a great team to watch. My bet's on Chicago though, although whoever doesn't finish first in the Central will have a tough battle in the first round.

A few good races to watch as the season closes out.

Then.....PLAYOFFS.

8. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

I love how the whole season's NHL thread has one page :grin:

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Just listened to Bill Simmons' podcast and there was a lot of hockey talk. Can't wait for playoffs. Who's the team y'all like to follow?

Also...I'll always be sad that Houston doesn't have a hockey team. Great sport and the city would support it.

10. UtilityPlayer

UtilityPlayer Member

Either Dallas or St Louis will be the #1 seed in the West, outside shot for Chicago.

11. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

final weekend.

2 of Detroit, Boston and Philly to make it. Boston with the easier opponent (Ottawa), but Detroit's opponent (NYR) might just want to lose. Philly a point back, a game in hand and two tough opponents back to back --- Islanders and Pittsburgh. Detroit owns the tie breakers.

Then the real fun begins!

(had to bring the NHL thread to a pitiful 10 posts before season's end).

12. UtilityPlayer

UtilityPlayer Member

The Dallas Stars Clinched the #1 seed in the Western Conference, will face off vs the Wild.
    The Capitals clinched the #1 seed in the east along with the best record in the NHL.

The Blues will face off vs the 'Hawks in an exciting first round.

13. UtilityPlayer

UtilityPlayer Member

Today is the final day in the regular season, playoff schedule should be released tonight or tomorrow.

14. UtilityPlayer

UtilityPlayer Member

Playoffs started few hours ago.

15. Beavis Stiffler

LOL Flyers :grin:

<iframe src='https://www.nhl.com/video/embed/chimeras-goal-from-center-ice/t-277350912/c-43552303?autostart=false' width='540' height='360'></iframe>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Why do bad things happen to good people <a href="https://t.co/AAtlFeTUzs">pic.twitter.com/AAtlFeTUzs</a></p>&mdash; Sons of Penn (@SonsofPenn) <a href="https://twitter.com/SonsofPenn/status/721493373761228804">April 17, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

16. Beavis Stiffler

Whoa, did not expect both SoCal teams, Kings and Ducks, to lose all 4 home games (0-4 combined this postseason).

17. UtilityPlayer

UtilityPlayer Member

Tampa Bay moves on to the second round.

Pitt leads the series 3-1 vs Rangers, Ducks vs Preds tied 2-2 series.

18. Beavis Stiffler

Stars, Sharks, and Caps are looking to clinch and advance tonight.

19. Beavis Stiffler

Caps vs. Pens, Ovi vs. Sid in the 2nd round.

Dallas looks to close out Minnesota today.

Also, can't wait for Game 7 tomorrow night between the Blackhawks and the Blues.

20. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

Blues had so many chances to close out, would be a shame if (when) they lose game 7.