1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

rockets/lakers nba tv

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ebu, Jan 8, 2009.

1. ebu

ebu Member

i didn't see it posted..but its rockets/lakers this tuesday on nba tv...

PAYBACK TIME!!!!

2. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

damn!!! i hate nba tv i dont have it on hd. i hope they still have it on fsn.

3. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

that means I can't watch it, damn it all!!!

4. DaDream

DaDream Member

tickets to the game was my Christmas present. ..... YES!

5. Kyakko

Kyakko Contributing Member

you should get league passes. it's worth every penny of the 99 dollars. i'm happy with the resolution and smooth streaming so far.

6. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

if you are referring to League Pass Broadband ($99), you will not be able to view the game because of blackout restrictions. it will be aired on NBAtv, hence the blackout on League Pass BB.

this also means anyone in the LA area will have to watch their local broadcast, as Laker games on NBAtv also get blacked out...

7. yeah

yeah Member

Dang it, Thats bad news. I hate watching games on NBA TV, they cut off the announcers all the time to play that cheesy music then go to a stupid infomercial just in time to miss the first play or two after every time out. Not the mention the amazing :rolleyes: NBA TV commentators! Ok end rant. I complained, I feel better.

8. Kyakko

Kyakko Contributing Member

seriously? damn...

9. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

It's not like I like streaming over illegal means, but a lot of games get blacked out, so I look at it as like why should I even get league pass? It infuriates me...

10. coolblade587

coolblade587 Member

Ah, the only reason we got Fan Night is because of the Lakers. They automatically win every week, regardless of who they play. lol

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Ugh, no HD then...

DD

12. coolblade587

coolblade587 Member

Yeah there will be HD, it's at home so there will be HD on FSN and NBATV (Unless of course you don't have the channel)

13. across110thstreet

i understand, sometimes it is difficult to be home for a game, especially if you live in Mountain or Pacific time zone. Then, because its blacked out, you cant watch the archive... the next best thing is that NBAtv will re-air their own broadcasts, as well as the TNT broadcast from the previous night. but still, it becomes difficult to catch "every game" as advertised...

and LOL at the only way to win a FanNight poll on nba.com is to be matched up against the Lakers on a Tuesday night...

14. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

I have Comcast and everytime the rockets get to be on NBAtv, right before the game starts, NBA tv freezes....and then it's a black screen the rest of the night....anyone else in Houston with comcast have the same problem? I can only watch the standard Def. FSN.

15. across110thstreet

yes that is the blackout restriction as previously explained.

16. across110thstreet

sorry for the confusion but wouldn't it be blacked out in the Houston market as well?

17. coolblade587

coolblade587 Member

See here's the thing about HD. NBA TV HD, if you have DirecTV or Dish Network is not blacked out when Houston plays, I think it's a flaw but it always works for me and others that I know. FSN HD, is never blacked out for Houstonians, it should always work. The only blacked out channel is NBA TV (non-hd)..

Most of the time, they usually have Bill Worrell and Clyde/Bullard as the announcers so I don't bother watching it on NBA TV HD and just watch on FSN HD.

18. cyruszhang

cyruszhang Member

lucky SOB :D

19. ebu

ebu Member

well i live in orlando and i only get to watch rockets games online so it being on nba tv allows me to watch it ON TV AND NOT ONLINE so im okay with that :D

20. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

i think it will play both local and nba tv. ill be watching local cuz of hd