1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Amazon Flex

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Air Langhi, Sep 29, 2015.

1. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

having people b**** at you about their deliveries doesn't exactly seem all that inviting

2. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

My guess is they have a much simpler approach. They will pay per delivery and load you down with way more deliveries than you could make in one hour. So they state that the range is $18-24/hr but that's only if you are impossibly good at navigating the city and making the deliveries as quick as possible. The reality will be most people will be much less efficient than that.

3. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

Why not just make deliveries in your immediate area? Say, within a 5-10 mile radius of your nearest HEB.

4. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I'm not so sure about this initiative, but I would work for Amazon Plex. Here I would get to throw expensive electronics and other fragile items from my car directly to the front door. It's always been my dream to do that.

5. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

All I know is Prime Now kicks ass. I don't mind it being a 2 hour window because it is so convenient and has actually been useful for emergency type situations.

6. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Wow, this is true. I never realized how small their loop was. Maps exaggerate 635 or misconstrue the size of 610. I googled the length of both and according to wiki, 635 is 37 miles long and 610 alone is 38 miles. Get your **** together Google maps.

7. NateNate

NateNate Member

Does anyone work for Amazon Flex? Any opinions?

8. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Well.... I did it during downtime in December (no school and off work)... It's ****ing great if you can get hours, this was in Austin and they way over hired. Easy way to make 25-35 an hour not doing much, usually 3-4 deliveries for 2 hr block.

Anyway I left my availability maxed out (forgot after holidays), and the next time the app notified me of being scheduled was super bowl Sunday (lololol), I immediate canceled that **** and... Removed all availability....

9. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

If you do work for them though.... Don't ever use their app for mapping routes, biggest pos I've seen as far as navigation. First day on job was trying to map me to address 30 miles off course.... The real Amazon employees told me not to even use it... Lol

10. NateNate

NateNate Member

Wow is the app that bad? I'm debating trying it on my off days when I'm bored but now I'm hearing there are no hours since they're over hiring.

11. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I mean this was in December, freaking trainers told us they messed up in Seattle and it'd be better here... But, definitely over hired. I mean maybe it's better now for hours, but I can't confirm that. During the summer I might try again, but now with Uber/lyft out of austin for the time being, I'm sure it's a joke still...

But yeah... On the app I even had new Note 5 at the time... The app would sometimes be off on location, so you would have to override it to deliver packages (you basically use your phone for everything like scan packages at pickup and then at delivery), but their app... Haha, it might be better now, but yeah amazon employee straight up told me don't use it for routing, lol.

It's not a bad job though, easy cash, like guaranteed 18-25 hourly rate depending on what app says (it varies on days/time/holidays) etc and then tips on top of that. What's great is if they mess up on having enough packages to deliver and you're scheduled you still get the guaranteed rate regardless, even if they let you off early. But what sucks is typical tip I was seeing was minimum of $5 or more, so sitting there meant less money.

12. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Training is a joke, so if you do it (lasts like 1 hour) and online so not a huge timesink to try for some hours... Unfortunately on my session everyone had the silliest questions (lasted 2 hours).. Can I take my pet? Can someone ride with me? How do I make it in life?? Etc etc, lol. Trainer basically said... Do whatever you want to, you're contract, just deliver the stuff, hahah.

13. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I signed up right after they had first call and I was able to schedule a route on the Friday after Thanksgiving. Easy money. Made 60 bucks for dropping off 2 packages.

Haven't seen a single route pop up since then. I doubt you'll be able to get many hours

14. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

What market? I'm in Austin and as I mentioned got like 8 hours actually on schedule during holidays/Xmas week, and then of course superbowl (which reminded me of the app, lol, like literally forgot, and no way I'm working then).