1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Draymond Green

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bbjai, Dec 17, 2014.

1. bbjai

bbjai Member

Hi Guys

I've read this recently in a Zach Lowe article and I was wondering what people think about Dray:

"In a theoretical world in which Golden State doesn’t need Lee, it absolutely has to look into trading him. Green is a free agent this summer, and though he’s only a fourth or fifth starter, he’s a perfect puzzle piece on a good team; someone is offering him $10 million."

We only really have a large hole at PF with consistancy. Green is a stretch 4 who is a defensive monster that will come in at less then the max. Would anyone advocate this type of route? a $10m contract with another bench impact player?

2. alethios

alethios Member

That large hole is getting smaller, thanks to DMo.

3. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

I think he is immature, dumb as rocks, and over-rated.

[​IMG]

4. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

He is not worth whatever he is going to get paid

5. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

His shot chart is pretty bad

6. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I really like Draymond Green.

He is a winner. The kind of guy who makes the 'right' plays down the stretch.
    But I wouldn't want to pay him $10m per.

7. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Draymond is good. A lot of the prior posters are misinformed, but still I wouldn't want to tie down any money into him. Unless somehow Morey loses both Jones and Motiejunas for nothing in return then Green likely won't be sought after. He does fit pretty good though I won't lie. One of the huge reasons why the GSW have been pretty good defensively and offensively. He's a fan favorite too.

8. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Surprised Griffin didn't fall down on the ground when Green touched his hip.
    Nothing immature about getting in his face - more of a heroic action to antagonize the flopper!

9. bbjai

bbjai Member

the way I see it is we would have 4 VERY plus defenders (based on his work on Randolph and Griffin last year in the West playoffs and this season) and one let's say ok defender in Harden. His a stretch 4 in every sense of the word with a 3 stroke (hitting 6 threes the other day) and good cutter and passer. I just feel the fit is much better then say Millsap (who would require the ball more). Kind of a Chris Bosh light but better on boards

10. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

At 10 million a year, I'd like to get a player like Donatas Montiejunas. He's got better upside, he's taller, still young and playing really well. Oh yeah, we already have him.

Think PG. PF is strong on this team. If it isn't a player like Love, Aldridge, the OU redhead, Tim Duncan or Lebron, it's not really much of an upgrade.

11. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Nothing immature about sticking out your tongue? IF I was Green's teammate I would be embarrassed and tell him to grow up.

12. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Hes gonna get the max from some team but i just hope Murray doesn't give him one

13. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

He is this year's Lance Stephenson, but slightly less talented.

People are loving him because he is the x-factor on a good team. Capable defender and good enough shooter, but like Lance, he is a good piece to have on a stacked team. If he has to be the 2nd or 3rd option on a team, its gonna be ugly.

14. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

This year's Lance Stephenson except way less talented. Like exponentially so.

15. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

He's not great individually, but he's been an X factor for them this season, one of the primary reasons they're off to a hot start IMO.

Can get hot from the three point line, excellent defender, and gives the Warriors a more versatile lineup. He's a lot more valuable to the Warriors than he would be on most other teams though.

16. 2016Champions

2016Champions Member

Draymond is my favorite non-Rockets player, best combo forward defender in the league. Can even play spot minutes at the 5. Passes really well, he's hitting 3s now, he's worth $10m now and that figure is rising by the game imo.

17. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

yeah, plus he's still young. I definitely do think he's worth 10+ million for the warriors, and if we didn't have Donuts or Jones then he'd be worth that much for us as well. He's a good player and he's only going to get better. Honestly, he's probably a better fit next to Dwight compared to Donuts and Jones. That does not imply he's better than either player though.

18. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Rather takk about jeff green or Gerald green

19. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

Gerald green is a complete knucklehead. No thanks

20. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

I wouldn't mind him.

I do not think he is good but he is tough, gets under oppponents skins.