1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets interested in Corey Brewer

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Nov 16, 2014.

1. benvolio007

benvolio007 Member

My understanding is that Morey likes supporting players that do one thing extremely well. Brewer...well he does seem to be a defensive upgrade on a wing bench player. For all I know Morey has some logarithm that says Brewer would hold the opposition to 1 less basket per game compared to the bench wings we have now.
    Who do we have now on the bench that's a better wing defender than Brewer? Plus he takes it to the hole better that Garcia.
    I think he would make us deeper defensively.
    But hey...he's clearly not the big fish we are all hoping for.

2. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Actually what Brewer really does that is exceptional is score in transition. Last time I looked he was 12 th in the league in overall transition points and the highest rated role player.

3. Charles Jones

Charles Jones Member

yeah he does like this..
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/hfdrP7QX9PM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

how many steps??:grin:

4. omgTHEpotential

SMH :confused:

5. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/1...berwolves-again-shopping-veteran-corey-brewer

6. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>ESPN sources say Houston and Cleveland remain at front of the line in chase for Corey Brewer but have since been joined in hunt by Clippers</p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/545396707870380033">December 18, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

7. baubo

baubo Member

Clippers can’t really even pull the trade off legitimately because they’re so close to the hard cap. They have to trade one of their big money guys like Crawford or Barnes. Feels more like Minnesota trying to use them as leverage than any real risk. If they trade Barnes and pick for Brewer, not exactly a productive trade for either side.

8. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I would probably give them an additional second rounder

9. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

This is just Minnesota posturing again before the Morey self-imposed trade deadline. They are trying to milk a first out of someone else.

10. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

An underrated aspect of this trade is that Brewer here means no more Garcia in the rotation. Big trade off there.

11. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

What's his role on the roster? Backup SG/SF and let Papa play backup PF?

12. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Yes. What I would really like to see happen is this trade and then TJones, NO pick, Terry, and a couple of seconds for Dragic. Would leave us with this depth. :cool:

Dragic | Beverley | Canaan
    Harden | Canaan | Brewer
    Ariza | Brewer
    Motiejunas | Pap
    Howard | Black | Dorsey

13. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

If the Wolves can milk a first for Corey Brewer on a non-expiring deal then God bless them.

14. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

From 2013. Brewer can shot that left corner 3.

[​IMG]

15. NewAge

NewAge Member

Most likely offers:

LAC: Reggie Bullock + matt barnes
    HOU: Troy Daniels + '15 NYK 2nd
    CLE: MEM lotto pick + salary fill (I don't believe they have a TPE do they?)

I have to say the LAC is most attarctive with Bullock being a first-round pick from a respected program that has gone through some learning-curve already. This would be a great trade for L.A. as it would open a roster spot for Ray Allen, as well.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

How did 'Brewer' uncork that '51 points game'? Must not be Ronnie

17. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

He can defend and hit from midrange, but he doesn't solve our problem of needing a guard / wing off the bench to create so I hope Morey goes after bigger game.

18. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I am sure he has done that, and gotten no where with that.

#378 saleem, Dec 18, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2014
  19. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Rockets still involved in talks for Wolves' Corey Brewer with deal possible tmrw, source said. Rockets can fit him into Lin trade exception.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/545726137200951296">December 18, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

20. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

Lin and a first for brewer????

I kid