1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is there a Chuck Hayes defensive stops video?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RudyTBag, Dec 12, 2009.

1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Would anyone else love to see a Chuck Hayes video focusing on his defense in isolation situations. From KG, to Shaq, to Tim Duncan, Greg Oden, Chris Kaman etc.... It would be GREAT.

Maybe there is one somewhere?

2. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

There was a video of Hayes defending KG a while back, cant find it anymore. Here is a good mix:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/f0IXgjF-LOA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/f0IXgjF-LOA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

3. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Why is theere no video off chuck hayes defending.. jk

well its kind of hard to make a mix out of chuck hayes defence because there are no highlights: no crazy swatts and blocks. most of what he does is real subtle and effective

4. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, that is not bad. Cut out the lay-ups and give us 10 minutes of Chuck Wagon defense, I know that is asking a lot, but it would be GREAT.

Thanks for posting that btw...

Apollo, Exactly. It would be a task for sure.

5. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

You can find me in there dogging that video. Also people gave me thumbs down for saying Hayes is not an offensive player, I lol'd.

6. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Maybe that's something I can do over Christmas break... I could probably do a pretty good one with just this year... but some of the defensive stops in the last couple of years were memorable.. like that KG one we all remember... and there were a couple of times he just bamboozled (I love that word) LaMarcus Aldridge and Andrew Bynum... and I can think of one game where he drove Rashard Lewis so nuts in Orlando that SVG resorted to hack a chuck to get him out of the game.

7. parmesh

parmesh Member

Trying to make a Chuck Hayes highlight reel is like trying to make a Shane Battier highlight reel. What they do ain't pretty, it's just pure hard work, smarts, and strength. They don't play ESPN-brand defense, like Dwight Howard or whatever.

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

You forgot to mention Durant and Ellis.

Would love to see a mix tape of this.. It would probably be the most boring assembly of clips to anyone other than a Rockets fan.

9. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Anyone got a video of Shane's intangibles?

10. renwickftw

renwickftw Member

11. jsmee2000

jsmee2000 Contributing Member

I would love to see all those compiled in a video. Thanks for getting this done sometime in the future! :)

12. FFz

FFz Member

the durant block last season was pretty awesome.

13. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I'm still trying to figure out how to capture video to my computer this season.

I used to use windows media center and import the recordings into Movie Maker for creating some custom highlights, but for some reason this season the DVR recordings won't import any more. Some sort of copyright protection? Can anyone recommend software to achieve this?

I've got U-verse, if that matters.

14. Hayesfan

I am still trying to get my media center to pick up signals so I'm not sure what sort of files it creates.

If it creates avi or some other normal format can't you just import the whole file to another software??

It's possible it has some sort of protection, I ran into some copyright issues when trying to record a UK game onto a dvd from my dvr. Couldn't figure out how to crack it either.

15. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

There are clips off T-Mac passing in this video!!!

16. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

I dont have the time right at this moment, but I can help both you and durv with those sort of questions. If you have a capture device, it *should* have come with capture software.

email me with the specifics of what kind of hardware you are using and what your source signal is, and Ill get back to you later this evening with my thoughts

oh, edit... a headsup for you specifically HF, Insider will ht the tracker in a little while, its encoding and as soon as I get back Ill put it up.

17. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JPwC8I7xLic&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JPwC8I7xLic&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

18. Htown2200

Htown2200 Member

Yeah, why is there no videos off Shane Battiers intangicles?

19. PTH

PTH Member

4:00 - The Chuck Wagon sacrifices his face for the good of the team.

20. Hayesfan

thank 2k :) I have a couple of different software options to capture, just haven't gotten them working yet (partial because I haven't had time to fiddle with them) I will email ya.

And thanks for the Rockets insider! You are a gem!