1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

THE RAID 2 Has Begun Filming!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by VanityHalfBlack, Feb 1, 2013.

1. VanityHalfBlack

The Raid is an adrenaline rush/ straight forward action movie/ I loved it! Dredd Fanboys will say Dredd is the better of the two and one copied the other... Can't wait for the sequel!

Synopsis:picking up right where the first film ends, The Raid 2 follows Rama (Uwais) as he goes undercover and infiltrates the ranks of a ruthless Jakarta crime syndicate in order to protect his family and uncover the corruption in his own police force.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/60692

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Nero

Nero Member

After all the hype surrounding The Raid, when I finally saw it, I guess there was no way it could have lived up to whatever it was I had been expecting.

Also, to be fair, all I could get was the dubbed version, and the extremely overly-gratuitous use of the f-word literally ALL THE TIME, well, even for a cheesy exploitive foreign action and death-fest, it was too much, and very off-putting. The subtitled version was probably better.

But the whole thing bugged me a bit. The Hero guy was not enough of a badass, and despite the serious 'training' scene we see him do at the beginning, thus setting up the expectation for the inevitable awesome one-on-one showdown between him and the 'mad dog midget killer dude', it never happened. Instead it was just a gang-up, two 'good' guys against the one little bad guy, and they just kind of beat him down.

Eh, I dunno. It wasn't bad, and like I said, the dubbed version probably brought the whole thing down.

But I also will be looking for the sequel, to see what they do with this guy's skills this time.

However, having seen both this movie and Dredd, (and I am certainly no Dredd fanboy), there is no question that Dredd is the superior movie. It is uncanny though how much similarity there is between them. Guessing by the relative differences in production quality, and the fact that The Raid required very little in the way of post-production (no CGI or special effects to speak of for example), Dredd obviously had a much longer time period necessary from beginning to end, so I would not be surprised if Dredd was into production before The Raid, and if any copying was done, it was done on their end. Could be wrong though, it's just a guess.

3. bigben69

bigben69 Member

I dunno if you saw the same movie as us. The main guy was a badass for sure. I loved the last fight scene too. That guy beat the crap out of both of them until the end. I liked Dredd way more than I thought I would but I thought The Raids action was far superior. It was extremely well choreographed. The main dude choreographed most of it. He is also a Silat Champion. So he is a badass in real life as well. I wouldnt have been able to handle the dubbed version. That might have been a big issue.

4. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Having seen the Raid at the theater, I'm pretty positive that a dubbed version would have ruined it a bit.

Haven't seen Dredd. But the Raid was one of the best pure action flicks I've seen in a long time. Not for the faint of heart.

5. mleahy999

mleahy999 Member

I hope they cut 10 mins out of every fight sequence in the sequel. The fights in the Raid went from pretty cool to just boring as it dragged on and on. Not to mention the bad guy being 4' 9". Jet Li would tower over him. Just lacked believability with the hobbit. The good guy lacks a strong screen presence. He's looks like some random guy they found on Bellaire.

6. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

fyi, Joe Taslim from the first Raid is going to be in Fast 6

I liked Raid better than Dredd. Dredd was great, but Raid delivered the action goods for me

7. VanityHalfBlack

Because all Asians lookalike you jackass.;) As for preferences goes, when it comes to Action movies I like to have it with a side of combative one on one fist to face beatdowns which the Raid had plenty of... I like Dredd, although I've read little of the comics/ I'm not sure how faithful it is to the comics. Fanboys say it's the best Dredd movie by far. I still choose The Raid as the superior film.

8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I liked the raid a lot for what it offered. The stunts weren't as elaborate as ong bac but the shock value made up for it. I liked the cheesy production values because the camera angles gave you everything you wanted to see in a fight instead of some bs close angle shaky cam.

I saw dredd a little after but my standards were for a remake of the stallone version. It was interesting but for a bigger budget definitely mediocre and wanting for more.

On a movie snob level they're both evenly rated. Dredd was mediocre. Raid had no plot. As a fighting movie fan, i liked raid a lot lot more

9. ILoveWhiteGirls

Sweet Jesus, makes Hollywood movies look like Child's Play, DAMN!!!

<script src="http://www.springboardplatform.com/js/overlay"></script><iframe id="tflm001_824613" src="http://cms.springboardplatform.com/embed_iframe/3029/video/824613/tflm001/twitchfilm.com/10/1/" width="630" height="375" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

10. Jontro

Jontro Member

Ran into the actor whatshisname at a mall. Didn't look too impressive. I think I could take him... if he was tied down and I had a crow bar.

Will see this at the theaters anyway.

11. eddiewinslow

eddiewinslow Member

too many asians on this board promoting too many terrible asian things

the raid and jeremy lin come to mind

12. ILoveWhiteGirls

God I really want to know your race so bad. I got a few jokes I'm sure I can share with the community. Jesus for the love of god it's just a movie?

13. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

The first one was SICK.

Dredd was also surprisingly good.

14. eddiewinslow

eddiewinslow Member

share your jokes, will that offend me? Did I make jokes about asians? Absolutely not, I have tons of asian friends, and I love the culture but it doesn't take away from the fact that asians run this board and last year were jizzing on themselves about how jeremy lin was the next coming of steve nash and now he can't even beat out an undrafted point guard in patrick beverly

15. ILoveWhiteGirls

THank you!!! You see eddiewinslow, that wasn't so hard, lol. I love Dredd too, the slo mo f/x was utilize perfectly in the movie. loved every minute of it.

16. Jontro

Jontro Member

Yeah but let's talk more about Jerry Lin.

17. ILoveWhiteGirls

Dude, nobody is running anything. This has nothing to do with anything Lin related, it's a freaking movie thread? Besides it's a white guy who wrote/directed/produced this movie so???

18. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/dxGM7mQLMX4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

CAN. NOT. WAIT.

19. bigben69

bigben69 Member

Im ready to watch it now. First one made any other action movie come out last year look lame in terms of fight choreography.

20. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Shhhh!!! You'll totally ruin his world view.

I like what he's doing with a bigger budget. Evans has loads of talent and might be the best genre filmmaker of his generation. Did anyone catch his segment in the VHHS2 horror anthology. It really is worth sitting through the other garbage for.