1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

THE RAID 2 Has Begun Filming!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by VanityHalfBlack, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

Wait. He didn't like the first one? OK. I guess I don't have to worry then.

2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Friend of mine in LA saw it and he thought highly of it. And he's in the film industry and tends to poo-poo on action films. So I'm looking forward to it.

3. VanityHalfBlack

LOL, yeah/ he said the same thing about that film as he did this one. It's cool, it's his opinion and I'll have mine.

4. Jontro

Jontro Member

Nah I liked the first. It was Dredd on steroids... which is why I had high hopes for the second, plus the reviews and errthang. I was expecting continuous mindless action and not much of a story. Also if you understand the language, it seemed way too fake (convo wise).

It was decent for an action flick, but not deserving of those movie comparisons the critics are saying. I still think the 1st Raid was much much better.

and Thor 2 was the shiznit. I have a soft spot for superhero movies. :cool:

5. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

They're not showing anywhere in Florida... has it even come out yet? I thought the release date was the 28th.

6. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

was only released in 7 theaters last week, translation, only released in NY/LA

probably going to get a wider release in more theaters in NY/LA this weekend, then across the nation 4/11

7. bigben69

bigben69 Member

You mean Dredd was The Raid without steroids. Raid was released first.

8. VanityHalfBlack

9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Holy damn. That was awesome. Evans probably could have used a little help to make it flow better, but overall... badass. Bad****inass.

10. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah just saw the movie, it was awesome.

11. bigben69

bigben69 Member

Very awesome

12. VanityHalfBlack

You guys, I was waiting for someone to bump this thread, thank you and boy let me tell you. Once Hammer girl and Baseball bat boy comes into the film? The movie becomes nothing but balls to the wall action, holy ****. Dude that fight in the kitchen? It was like watching 5 Rocky movies, my god. Gareth Evans is genius.

13. VanityHalfBlack

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>I saw THE RAID 2 yesterday. Especially liked Hammer Girl and Baseball Boy. My kung fu needs have been met for the next 5 years.</p>&mdash; Stephen King (@StephenKing) <a href="https://twitter.com/StephenKing/statuses/455368705304952832">April 13, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

14. Dave2000

saw it yesterday morning, it met expectations, was fantastic....

my only complaint was the 2.5 hour screen time, could've been trimmed a bit

the kitchen fight scene's score sounded like Optimus Prime and Megatron fighting.... was odd

would love to see it again, action scenes were crazy, hammer girl/baseball boy definitely took the Mad Dog role in this movie

15. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Loved the first one, will have to catch the 2nd one this week...

16. VanityHalfBlack

You guys I know it's 150 mins and you think it's too long for a movie but how many Breaking Bads or Walking Dead episodes you've watched back to back? If you don't go, they are going to pull them out of the theaters because nobody shows up. Go see it, I promise you it's worth the bang for your buck!!!

17. Dave2000

BoxOfficeMojo.com had a good article on why Raid 2 failed at the box office....

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=3821&p=.htm&2

didn't catch the original in theaters for that reason, was pulled from theaters in less than 2 weeks, and they only showed it at like 3 theaters back in 2012

no excuse for the sequel, its pretty much showing any theater that has more than 12 screens

18. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Saw this yesterday. Started off slow and confusing. Didn't help I saw another movie before and I was starting to get sleepy. Picked up half way through and got a lot better.

19. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Jeez, that was intense. Hard to top Mad Dog, but I loved it.

8.2/10

20. conquistador#11

it was an awesome action movie but it felt a little to romeo must die-ish. still worth 2 viewings. Mad dog gets the hot asian chics for real.