1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Friedman] Brand New Day (for Morris)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Nov 15, 2012.

1. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Read more (including coach and player quotes from tonight's game) : http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/brand-new-day

#1 RV6, Nov 15, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  2. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

I seriously lol'd when Worell commented that Marcus and Patterson told D-Mo not to get angry and to see the D-League assignment as an opportunity and not a demotion, hahhahaha.

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

It's springtime for Marcus.

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Parsons or Patterson should be very scared right now. Morris is coming.

5. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Is he already a better pro than his brother? I'm not impressed with Markieff.

6. rockmanslim

rockmanslim Member

[rquoter]"Then when I got sent to the D-League, I took it hard. This summer I just put it in my head to never let it happen again, so anything I needed to do – practice, getting in shape or whatever – I just did it."[/rquoter]
    This is how it's done, Royce.

Marcus Morris' story just might inspire me to get off my lazy behind. I said might.

1 person likes this.
  7. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

?s
    This.

Morris will steal a starting job from either Parsons or Patterson. I am very glad that he has figured out the NBA game.

8. nomangame

nomangame Member

Real happy for him. The rest of the team should learn one thing from Morris - smile.

An unhappy player can never perform. Of course, let us rack up more victories to have more reason to smile:)

9. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

The kid is mentally tough. Used all the disappointment last year as fuel to get better and now he's easily the most improved player on the rockets. If he keeps improving his defense and adds a little muscle watch out...he looks like a keeper, not trade bait.

10. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Good for Marcus.

For all those new to the board, Marcus was ridiculed on this board relentlessly for getting beat out for playing time by Parsons last year. He was called lazy, dumb, etc.. (You name it.) Its good to see him in Houston and contributing.

11. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

I've been very impressed with Morris this season. He has played consistently well.

12. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I was pretty unenthusiastic about Morris since early last season. I'm glad he's proving himself this year. I hope he makes all his doubters eat crow.

13. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

GOOD FOR MOOK!:grin::grin::grin:

14. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

once again...have never been a fan of Morris before...but he has been the most consistent player...on the Rockets...Im glad to see that he has turned the corner in a huge way...keep up the good work....

15. Dei

Dei Member

I really like his attitude, most of all. There's just leadership material there.

16. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Glad he's turned it around, this what separates high character guys from guys who just mail it in after a disappointing start. I actually didn't expect this and was the first to want him shipped out but glad he's here and hopefully they can start using him to post up and he can be a creator in the future. I think he has a higher ceiling than Parsons, based on pure natural talent that he has to maximize.

17. ashiin

ashiin Member

I thought he was done... I really did. I thought he didn't have the work ethic to do anything and he was an after thought. Boy did I eat crow last night. I hope he keeps up this consistency because we'll definitely need it.

18. BigShotBob

BigShotBob Member

IM in on mook, love to see his confidence growing right before our eyes.

19. Dei

Dei Member

What's funny about it?

20. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Him and harden have potential to avg 50 PTs combined in Ty near future he's gonna be our 2nd best player by the start of next season. His potential is top 10 scorer in the league with good defense that's a heck of a player. I think morey did it again I watched a lot of Morris at Kansas he's the real deal on offense can do it all. He hasn't got a chance o show off how handle in the open court but I imagine it will coke soon. The strides he's making each game is remarkable the game just comes so easy and he wasn't backing down to guarding The best player in the world. I'm really excited because Morris is what a future Allstar prospect looks like if your good in this league u put up number from day one and he's done that as soon as he cout Tye opportunity.