1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Jimmer Fredette - 32 Points Vs New Mexico (1.29.11)

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by batkins, Jan 29, 2011.

1. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UW-CEMLKzzk" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  2. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Much appreciated, batkins.

...rarely ever get to watch this kid do work.

Repped.

3. RedIsen

RedIsen Member

Wow, those were some ridiculous 3 pointers.

4. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

Adam Morrison hype.

5. DeAleck

DeAleck Contributing Member

Comparing a 6'8 WHITE sf with a 6'2 WHITE pg, how original... :rolleyes:

1 person likes this.
  6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ben Gordon at best, imo...

7. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

It is isn't it..... [​IMG]

8. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

His range is amazing. Love seeing him hit those threes with a hand in his face.

9. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

That long range bomb was unbelievable.

10. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Great range. Love it, love it, love it. For the poster that thinks Gordon is better, Gordon played with Okafor, and he still wasn't as efficient as this kid. This kid plays with 4 nobodies, and he's the sole focus of the defense every game he goes out there. He puts up 32 on 26 shots and it's a bad game and his team loses. His efficiency shooting those crazy bombs is insane. He will get drafted in the first round. If the NBA GMs figure out that he can pass, he'll make it to the lottery. If not, then he'll probably be lower first round.

11. jtvarghe

jtvarghe Member

If you watch this video you can clearly tell he is a very very good jump shooter and that is his game, his is J.J Reddick at the very best. He has very little of anything else.

12. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

I think late first round. If you're comparing him to great shooters coming out of college and Gordon. He is less athletic than Ben Gordon, more than Morrison and has better handles than Reddick.

I think he won't be a star, but could become a decent role player or bench player. I think this is his ceiling and he doesn't really have the athletic ability to get his shot off the same way in the NBA (and I don't think he will get much faster later in his career).

And it's been reported his lack of true defensive lateral quickness gets covered up by BYU's zone, and that he could very likely become a defensive liability at the next level.

If we can get him in the second round, or if we trade AB and lack a PG who can shoot (and he is the best player on the board) then maybe. But he seems like a likely backup PG who can bring provide shooting off the bench.

If we pick late first round I want to draft a true center, or trade the pick for one. Really, I would just take an offensively limited big man with defensive and shot blocking abilities.

13. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

He's not going to make it in the NBA. Too slow and unathletic, which doesn't matter on the amateur level. But we're talking about the NBA.

Where grown men play.

And do grown men things.

And little Jimmer is not cut out for it, although every white analyst out there will try their best to hype and subsequently live vicariously through him.

Bottoms up, bottoms up. It's Mr. Steal Yo Dream. Ronny.

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

That's some garbage defense by #5.

Should have let my boy Jamal hold him.

15. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Ben Gordon played against much better competition consistently.

As the competition and athleticism of the defense gets better, Fredette will not be able to rely so consistently on his amazing long range shooting skills. defenders will be able to close out better, and recover better if they over-close-out and Fredette gets a brief step on them.

JJ Reddick was as good as Fredette, in a much better conference, and we've seen what has happened with his NBA career. Serviceable for sure. But then, JJ actually has legit SG size, whereas Fredette doesn't. Can Fredette play PG in the NBA?

1 person likes this.
  16. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Very well put.

17. Drew_Le

Drew_Le Member

I don't think comparisons to JJ Reddick or Morrison are fair. Fredette combines unbelievable range with shifty pace changes and fantastic ball handling. Neither JJ nor Morrison had that. JJ depended on a plethora of off the ball screens while Morrison kinda just junked his way to 30 every night.

I think Fredette in the 90s would've been legit because he could hand check on defense. In today's no-touch perimeter play, however, he's going to have a major problem on D. That said, his offense is unique and intriguing. He reminds of Steve Nash bent on scoring rather than passing. I wouldn't use a lotto pick on him, but I would buy a late first rounder to pick him up. He'd be a nice compliment to any superstar.

18. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

What does every rookie say when they come to the NBA? They say how fast everything is. I agree with you he has range,and its incredibly how he gets it off, but just like Morrision I see how slow moving he is when what you like to call it "shifty pace changes" he's not going to get away with it in the NBA. And just like Morrison he has benefited from not having a team full of color people.