1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

One stickerfor vehicle registration and inspection

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by BleedsRocketRed, Jun 23, 2014.

1. BleedsRocketRed

Not sure if its been posted already but... I just found out about this...

This has confusing cluster F written all over it. I am sure this will go smoothly. Good greif

http://blog.chron.com/thehighwayman...er-shock-of-losing-inspection-tag/#23504101=0

Original passing

http://blog.chron.com/texaspolitics...osed-for-vehicle-registration-and-inspection/

2. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

How will this affect me since I have no license or insurance for my car?

3. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

Read it earlier, thought it was an onion article.

4. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I get my stuff from the flea market.

5. TheresTheDagger

One of the nice things about moving to Montana is I don't have to deal with vehicle inspection anymore.

6. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I'm sure it will be a cluster F as any change is, but once it becomes the norm, I don't see the problem with this.

I don't see a major con with this unless I'm missing something.

7. Buck Turgidson

Exactly, it you're too stupid to figure this out, you're too stupid to operate anything larger than a BigWheel.

8. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Several other states do this. And rest assure, it puts a huge dent on fraudulent inspection stickers. The only way you can get a fraudulent inspection is to have a shop falsify records for your vehicle. They wont do that.

Its pretty simple; Get your car inspected. The shop submits the passed inspection to the DMV. The DMV will not issue a registration if this has not been submitted.

The only cluster F that will occur is if people wait till the last minute and have their inspections fail and can't renew. It does not matter if you do it 90 days early or the day of. Its prudent to get it done earlier to reduce the chances of something failing shortly before registration is due.

9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I think the problem is that this thread is the first I'm hearing about this. BleedsRocketsRed is running a more effective public awareness campaign than the State of Texas. If people don't know, it's going to cause trouble. Once people do know, things will be fine -- well, except for all the people driving cars that can't pass inspection. It'll suck for them.

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Is there a service you can pay where they pickup your car and do everything for you? If not, is there an opportunity for it? Any government regulated process is a ****ing joke that Google could replace and improve upon in 30 days or less.

11. BleedsRocketRed

It not that the process isnt easy, its just that the state has made NO effort to inform the public properly it seems. Lot of people know NOTHING about it and when it comes into effect it's going to be chaos

12. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I think people are already misunderstanding....they're liking and sharing on FB and i don't think they're actually reading the link. They're probably thinking doing away with the sticker = no more inspections..

13. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Just like big gov to make another unconstitutional law impeding on citizen's rights. Thanks Obama :rolleyes:

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I worry about the number of cops that will be stopping people because they are 'confused'

Rocket River

15. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Much better explanation here:

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/new...avoid-sticker-shock-of-single-tag-5573922.php

16. HPD

HPD Member

Hahahahahahahahaahaa

17. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

The bad thing about Montana is that you don't know if that other guy's 4000 lbs. of steel you are closing in on at a relative 120 miles an hour has any brakes or shocks. (And the fact that he is probably on Meth)

18. VanityHalfBlack

So with this Covid stuff, my sticker is about to expire. Any updates on if they will extend this or still gotta inspect by the due date?

19. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

One sticker for registration and inspection? I’m all for it!

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

My sticker has expired

I have wondered if the courthouse is open for that type of business

Rocket River

VanityHalfBlack likes this.