1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mixed signals from the Clintons...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ROXRAN, Sep 26, 2008.

1. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Are you a progressive wondering where is the mud? Where is the "no-mercy" attitude from the Clintons...They say in politics everything is political...

Then why is Hillary pretty much silent against the McCain/Palin team?...She has always been quick witted and willing and able to sling the poo...(especially against Bush)

Moreso on ole Bill...Arguably in the top 3 for admired Democratic Presidents in the 20th century era...having warm words at the "Clinton Global Initiative" for McCain,...giving him a heartfelt hug....

He stated he likes the Palins and admires them. Offering words of wisdom for Sarah Palin's husband...

What the Heck?...I appreciate Bill Clinton's exhibition, but if I was a democrat...I'd be getting mixed signals...

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Bill was on the Daily show 2 nights ago, he and Hillary are going out in the next couple of weeks to campaign for Obama.

DD

3. ROXRAN

I understand that. They have stated the un-moving support...But you see all this, and wonder how truly supportive...

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Let's get one thing straight: Obama and the Clintons have no love for each other, to put it mildly, and probably never will.

Regarding Palin, I thought it was agreed by Obama that Hillary would not make an issue of her on the trail. The strategy was to turn the election back into a Obama vs. McCain contest. The Obama camp doesn't want Dems to take shots at her, which is probably a good strategy. By contrast, if Biden had given that horrific interview, the GOP would be all over it.

5. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

It's an excellent strategy. Palin has already shot herself in the foot repeatedly, and the "hide-the-palin" game is only making her weakness more apparent. At the same time, Obama gets to claim the high-road.

Knowing Palin's failings meant that Obama only had to wait for her to do the damage herself. Brilliant.

6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

reverse psychology, ran is hoping the dems attack palin because the sympathetic vote is the only one she can get

7. ROXRAN

Well I did minor in psychology... ;)

No I think Palin will do very well against Biden...The human gaffe machine. Does Palin need to be honed and polished? Probably, and she has leadership ability to do so...Again, democrats will disagree no matter what...

She supposedly had a bad interview on her responses, but the critics are those that would not have a favorable review NO MATTER WHAT...

I guess perception is reality. and if Palin spoke like Biden, the condemnation would be greater...(If she asked someone in a wheelchair to stand up...If she fumbled her running mates' name, or political ad criticism).

My suggestion is for Palin to keep doing interviews and she will continue to get more comfortable...The attack palin for whatever strategy has failed...It's now about OMY GOSH, she sounds horrible in interviews tactics...She is not ready for anything!...(Nevermind her past accomplishment and track record of leadership)...The point is this political slanted criticism will get old as well just as the failed personal attacks...

So carry on Barracuda,... and continue to go for the throat as you have shown in the past...

8. pppbigppp

pppbigppp Member

Not everyone is a r****d that just attack 24/7 because their contract demand it. No reason to get into the mud pit when you are wearing clean cloth. The Clintons are doing exactly what is good for the Democrats campaign. I just saw Bill's Daily Show interview and the man was as sharp, sleek, and classy. Clintons ain't getting a Obama tattoo, but why would they?

Biden is great and you should listen to him sometimes. If anything, he has taken over the straight-talk express and goes right over the speed limit. Fasten your seat-belt if you want to be safe. This guy goes on record to dissent with Obama at least once per week, and yet their campaign is as coherent as ever.

On the other hand, Palin is still Palin. But McCain is no longer the McCain. If you want to see mixed-signals, take a discrambler and look at this mess.