1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shaun Livingston Medical Update

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ReD_1, Mar 7, 2008.

1. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

Shaun Livingston Medical Update

Los Angeles Clippers guard Shaun Livingston had his left knee re-examined on Thursday, March 6 by Dr. James Andrews in San Francisco. Dr. Andrews issued the following statement regarding the current status of Livingston’s recovery:

"I evaluated Shaun yesterday in San Francisco. He has developed a lot of muscle return and recovery in the knee. The stability of the knee looks excellent. We are still holding him back from competitive play because he has developed some tendinitis about his knee, which will require approximately four more weeks to settle down. We will re-evaluate him at that time to see if he's able to undergo some high level basketball activity at the end of the season. We still expect a full recovery, but it is time related."

Livingston was originally injured during the first quarter of the Clippers win over the Charlotte Bobcats on February 26, 2007 at STAPLES Center, when he suffered tears to the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL), posterior cruciate ligament (PCL), medial collateral ligament (MCL) and lateral meniscus. Livingston also suffered a patella dislocation, in addition to a tibia/femoral dislocation. Andrews performed the surgery to repair the injuries on March 13, 2007 at St. Vincent’s Hospital in Birmingham.

http://www.nba.com/clippers/news/livingston_update_080307.html

2. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Awesome news for Shaun. Unbelievable that he's looking to get back into high level basketball activity just a year after such a gruesome injury.

I wish him all the best.

3. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

Required post:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3vTbafCrY4c"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3vTbafCrY4c" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

I hope he makes it back.

4. poprocks

poprocks Member

I still cringe everytime I see that video.

5. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

on the same level as Theismann and that kickboxer dude.

6. codell

codell Contributing Member

"yeah and there is no knee cap there if you notice"

this statement was made so matter of factly, that if this wasn't such a sad and gruesome injury, it would be comical

7. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I really don't get it. If you blow out your entire knee during a routine jump stop, without contact, don't you think you're getting a message? As in, your body is not cut out for professional basketball.

I guess it's a what-else-are-you-going-to-do kind of thing. :(

8. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

i agree, he's obviously to frail

9. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

This type of injury is just sort of a freak incident. Also these types of injuries, and other tears and such occur more in athletes because they push their bodies to the max. It doesn't necessarily mean his body cannot take it. I've seen someone shatter their ankle playing intramural basketball before without contact coming down with a rebound. Things like that just happen.

10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I hope he will be able to come back and have a successful career.

11. rocketman1979

rocketman1979 Contributing Member

that video made me want to barf

12. hooroo

hooroo Member

Wasn't this the same kind of injury that happened to his other knee in the past?

13. MexAmercnMoose

agree, but what always gets to me are ankle sprains....everytime it happens on ESPN they rerun it like 30 times, it makes me sick to my stomach

14. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

I heard he's been working hard on his 3pt shot and his FT's while recuperating. He's already a good defender and a decent playmaker, so being a scoring threat would open up his game greatly. If he can stay healthy, that is. Best of luck to him.

15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

if he comes back from this - it turly would be amazing. 10 years ago - that would have been career ending.

16. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

dear god that was gruesome