1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Indian fakes being black to get into Med school

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by GlenDice, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Dei

Dei Member

That it's still intended for native blacks is a bad thing. The problem with affirmative action is that it's founded on the stupid premise that there should always be an [x] number of a particular race or even the simple concept of representation, even though that group is undeserving of it. There's a reason for selective education and that's to bring out the best of the ones deserving.

That affirmative action fails at even that, because immigrants are the ones benefiting from it, is not a positive case for it.

2. Remii

Remii Member

Affirmative action is more about gender than it is about race... Woman (particularly white women) are the primary beneficiaries of it. Debating "what it was intended" for is meaningless.

And I was pointing out that immigrants are able to benefit from affirmative action in the education system... This thread topic proves that because they let the guy in school because they thought he was from Africa or his parents were from Africa.

3. Dei

Dei Member

That's the most pathetic excuse I've heard so far. Why not? Why would it be improper to question something's raison d'etre? If you're arguing for or against the existence of something, that's usually the first thing you consider.

4. Remii

Remii Member

1st off _ none of my post indicate whether I'm for or against affirmative action. So that's a debate you'll have to take up with someone else.

Ann Coulter states who affirmative action was "intended for"... But she also has the nuts to say that civil rights and affirmative action was hijacked by the women's movement, immigration, and the homosexual movement and everyone is benefiting off what the black natives fought for in the 50's & 60's but them.

What's your purpose of bringing up who affirmative action was intended for when it's not being used what it was intended for...?

5. Dei

Dei Member

I disagree with the premise for the existence of affirmative action entirely. I don't think it's a proper avenue for promoting equal opportunity when it's a selective process even for well to do individuals. I don't really care about it being hijacked by immigrants, who still are selected based on race, btw. There are a lot of things wrong with affirmative action and I oppose it entirely.

But it's funny you're complaining about me talking about that point when you're the one who started talking to me.

6. Remii

Remii Member

The premise for it's existence is what the mainstream media and fairytale history books tell you. The civil rights movement had nothing to do with black folks... They just used black folks to usher in the women's movement (which was also the start of the homosexual movement). That is why the civil rights movement turned into the women's movement 5 minutes after the civil rights act was passed. The bankers wanted women in the workforce so they could tax the other half of the population and the corporations wanted women in the workforce because women spend more money than men. Next thing you'll tell me is the civil war was about freeing the slaves :rolleyes:

As far as the OP topic... It's very possible that this guy got into school because of class and not race.

Don't confuse pointing out flaws (and or disagreements) in your opinion with complaining.

1 person likes this.
  7. jcee15

jcee15 Contributing Member

It was also a way to decrease birthrates among white women and a way for young kids to get into the system of indoctrination earlier, unimpeded by the nuclear family.

8. Dei

Dei Member

Awesome strawman bro. Like I said, I disagree with Affirmative Action, entirely. This particular case is for blacks, but I despise the idea that there should be a particular number of people - on the basis of race or gender - present in any group, at all; whether that group be blacks, Asians, or women. I've argued regarding women forcing tech companies to have quotas for them, too, like with the thing that happened with Oculus.

If you want to go on with your point about affirmative action not really benefiting their intended parties, you argue that with someone else. Just don't say things like:

Because you are complaining. I was trying to make a discussion about how are, in this particular case, blacks were justified easier entry into school. Then, you talked to me and along the way you said just drop it because your point is different entirely. Coupled with the fact that you're using a lot of condescending rhetoric, m8, it really feels to me like you're just going around, using a tangential point to undermine opponents than being in an honest discussion.

9. Remii

Remii Member

Yep... And also so both parents could be away from their children so they can be indoctrinated by the entertainment industry as well. It crippled the black family structure immediately but now it's having an effect on everyone else.

No it's not. This particular case is about "African Immigrants" and or the children of African Immigrants. And most importantly _ you don't even know what other applications that particularly institution was getting to come to the conclusion that his admittance was because of affirmative action. You're just assuming.

Actually I think affirmative action is benefiting who it was INTENDED for which is not black natives. So no argument there.

10. Dei

Dei Member

It is. The reason he gets preferential treatment is because he's black, not because he's a foreigner.

Out of curiosity, what do you want to do with affirmative action? Do you want it to be corrected so that natives become the main beneficiaries? Because, as I've said before, even then I'd be opposed to it.

Then you're an idiot. I thought you wouldn't go that far considering I think even you conceded that was the historical basis for it.

11. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

The USA has the best quality of life for blacks - nowhere else comes close.

Nowhere in Africa, nowhere anywhere.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The proof . . . is in the pudding.

A display of gratitude is in order as well as disowning gang and drug culture, instead of constant displays of neglecting responsibility for young black culture, whining and scapegoating like Rocket River. The anthem for black America should be - I take accountability for my actions - do you?

12. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And the U.S.A. has the best quality of life for blacks not because of anything that blacks have done?

They weren't responsible for their actions that lead them to have that quality of life? Instead they all have a gang, drug culture, whining, scapegoating, and neglecting responsibility?

The quality of life that black people in the United states enjoy is not because of anything they've done, but based on what other races have done for them?

The stats you post seem to contradict the message you've added that seems to be your own.

1 person likes this.
  13. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Let's not go that route buddy. Like the Asian Model Minority myth, there are many of African Immigrants that struggle. I have a buddy that went to high school with of Somalian descent whose father couldn't deal with the pressures of providing for and walked the family.

14. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Nice to see that even abuse and hanged by the dominant white society and clearly at a complete disadvantage the Asians are put to the gutter the most. Yet a companies like Nissan hire a Caucasian CEO.... Very fair and practical.

15. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Or the other thread the OP just started?

16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What about the fact that it's black medical students who decide to serve in low-income communities that whites would never enter into. Blacks make up a tiny sliver of med-students, less than 3%. Shouldn't medical schools train competent doctors to serve parts of the population that white or asian doctors have shown little interest in serving?

17. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

The first point is somewhat speculative regarding individual choices and motives, but the second point is completely valid in wondering exactly how big a portion of the enrollments minority applicants comprise. Also I don't see any zero percentages on that chart so the schools must believe individuals from all of these cohorts are capable of passing.

18. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I have no idea what this has to do with my reply please explain.

19. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Nissan is majority owned by Renault who shares the same CEO.

#99 Invisible Fan, Aug 11, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
  20. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Hmm...

So because you made up a lie about only black doctors serving in low income communities - implying they were only black communities instead of white or mixed - we should allow less competent doctors admission over more competent ones because of race?

I have visited a variety of poverty stricken areas from darfur to Nigeria to rural greece, and only seen white and Asian doctors.

I suppose it's not gangster enough for these beacons of low socio economic health. Hard for some people to understand color exists outside of Compton and the Bronx.