1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2014 Houston Dynamo / MLS Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Beavis Stiffler, Jan 11, 2014.

1. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Pretty cool MLS vid (commercial?) featuring Mike Magee from Chicago and other MLS players & personalities.

Been making the rounds today

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/9IdzMe3gqNM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

What's cool about CRAPPY acting and crappy filming? :confused:

How did they manage to make Hope Solo look so bad? I thought it was impossible and these dudes pulled it off. :(

Good idea, BAD execution. Just awful.

FYI: if your gag reel is longer than your "movie", you might be doing something wrong.

3. Beavis Stiffler

Julio Cesar could be starting for Toronto tonight.

He's the Brazil goalie who gave up 10 goals in the last 2 games of the World Cup tournament (allowed 7 goals against Germany in the semifinal and allowed 3 goals against the Netherlands in the 3rd place game).

[​IMG]

4. SexyButIgnorant

You're blaming Brazil's debacle on Julio Cesar? He's also the same goalie that saved Brazil from elimination against Chile, as well as saved Brazil from a loss against Mexico and Croatia. Brazil's terrible two games were a product of their terrible defense.

5. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

No Dynamo named to the All-Star team.

6. Beavis Stiffler

Damn this defense.:mad: 3 games in a row that the Dynamo blown a lead after they scored the 1st goal. Wtf?

[​IMG]

You can say the same thing about Houston's defense this year.:eek:

That's a good thing because they need to get healthy. They don't have to worry about their players getting injured in a game that's very meaningless. Also, they already scheduled to play against Aston Villa next week. So expect them to give more playing time to reserves and bench players.

7. Mattj

Mattj Member

8. leroy

9. SexyButIgnorant

Beasley!? I wasn't impressed at all during a couple of his WC games, but he's still loads better than Ashe or Taylor in the left-back spot. Spend the cash!

10. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

No. HECK NO! Left back isn't the biggest issue on the team(as long as Ashe is healthy). It's the **** center-backs! It's the crappy strikers!
    Plus I don't even think DMB plays left back much at club level, mainly on the international stage for Klinsy. So how many potential left mids would the Dynamo have? DMB. Driver. BDavis(when Dominic makes him go out wide).

Left midfield/left back isn't even top 3 main problem positions with the team right now.

11. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

CB or Strikers.

Get Dos Santos and call it a night

12. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

I agree. It's disappointing that last year Clint Dempsey (who is better/younger/from Texas) comes to MLS and we don't do anything to try and get him and now we're spending money to fix something that isn't a problem. I guess we're giving up on defense and hoping to score 5 goals a game.

The only way this is really going to help us is if Dom is willing to start Davis and Creavalle in the middle and move Rico to central defense. I don't see that happening though.

13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

So any bigger crumbs off of AEG's table?

At this point The Dynamo are Tiny Tim. Or Cinderella.

14. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

A Beasley move doesn't make sense. When watching Bruin play, it seems like the field is a tar pit and he's trying to escape. There's no burst or speed and the entire team suffers for it.

They AEG situation is getting out of control. For all of the talk of "MLS 3.0" post World Cup, the Dynamo remain in one of the more tenuous situations in the league. BBVA is a gem, but it's a miracle that the team has competed has consistently as it has with such an uninterested ownership group. Look at the crop of new owners coming into the league - Beckham, Arthur Blank, NYCFC - and tell me why MLS can't find a new majority owner for Houston?

15. DrLudicrous

https://twitter.com/SoccerInsider/status/491919239813402624

I guess this move comes down to what we can get for Ashe. I don't think replacing him with Beasley alone will really help much but if moving Ashe can get us a quality central defender then the move may be worth it.

It would suck to see Ashe go though. He's been a solid player for us and is one of the only guys on the team that shows any passion.

16. leroy

Or a forward that can actually find the goal more than once every 10-15 games. My gawd, Will Bruin sucks.

I'd prefer they kept Ashe, too.

17. DrLudicrous

Will Bruin isn't our biggest problem. A lot of people like to hate on him but he's the leading scorer on the team. I know that isn't saying much when our offense isn't that great but he's doing better than anybody else on the team.

Also, our defense needs a lot more help than our offense.

18. DrLudicrous

19. leroy

There are times, though, when a good offense is a good defense. There is no threat up front. Bruin might get the occasional goal, but it's almost never due to him creating something. The last one was off a defensive mistake. He is not threatening. He can easily be marked by one defender. This is letting teams push higher and move more numbers into space, overwhelming the Dynamo defense. This is what I saw in a recent home game I attended. It's probably the reason we're actually seeing more out of Barnes. It's opening up space for him to take shots and he's been doing great from distance.

If there were actually someone to worry about up front like there was in the past (Ching with DeRo or Holden), defenses would be forced to stay deeper and not constantly be able to send their outside backs forward.

20. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Dear lord, no. That would just KILL his career. He's TOO GOOD to be in the Dynamo... at least right now.

If we do bring him, please, Dynamo, bring some people who want to play better than our current other defenders to solidify that back line. :(

He will be 200% better than all our defenders... save for maybe Ashe.

Please let ASHE retire here. :cool: