1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should the Rockets make a play for LaMarcus Aldridge?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by GreatOne1978, Nov 27, 2012.

1. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

2. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

A major HELL YES!!!!!!!!!!

1 person likes this.
  3. teebone21

teebone21 Member

Lmao plays just like Patterson with a more consistent jumpshot

4. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

You just compared Patrick Patterson to Lamarcus Alridge....

1 person likes this.
  5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Well...that's a lot.

Any ways I can see what you are getting at with similar playstyles...but LA is more aggressive and is just more skilled.

6. Nook

Nook Member

No.... He is another good but not great player. To get LA would mean moving almost all our key parts other than Harden. If Yao and TMac couldn't get it done, then no way LA and Harden do.

Only exception would be to get him as a free agent (hypothetical) and keep Lin, Asik and Chandler.

7. 713

713 Member

LA is a third wheel option. Not a primary or secondary on a championship caliber team. He's like rich man's scola. All offense no defense.

8. underrated015

underrated015 Member

lamarcus is a very good player. other than harden and asik, i would tell portland to pick the players. he's still young and is no patrick patterson :rolleyes:

9. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Well, Patterson does play like a lesser Aldridge. LMA just does everything a little better.

I agree with the writer that Aldridge is not a number one option and the writers comments about Aldridge's defense and soft play are fair as well. His back issue may be something to keep an eye on as well.
    The All-Star argument is a little silly, though.

I agree that the Blazers would be smart to sell high on Aldridge now, if they indeed could get a couple of young and promising players and picks for him.

I'm not sure if I'd make a play for him if I'm the Rockets. I guess you do, because him and Harden might be enough for one of the true elite (Paul, Howard) to consider the Rockets in next year's FA.
    The counter argument would be that while Aldridge is very good, he's nowhere near the level of the cream of the crop (LeBron, Durant, CP3, Howard, ...) and him paired with only Harden ultimately probably isn't going to cut it.
    Then again, there aren't a whole lot of those guys, so you might as well go for a top-20 player when you have the chance to do so.

10. dmoneybangbang

Uhh.... Yao and TMAC is a little bit different considering the injuries.

But an Aldridge/Asik front court would be very scary.

11. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

Rockets are attracted to injury prone players. Lamarcus Aldridge is playing with a sore back.

12. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

I think right now, Harden, Asik and Parsons should be the untouchable players on this team.

Asik is one of the best defensive center in the NBA today, and Parsons is quickly becoming one of the best players from class of 2011. Right now, the Rockets main core should be Harden, Asik, and Parsons. As much of an impact Lin has, I still think there needs to be an upgrade at some point. Who knows, maybe he will improve later on. But right now, the Rockets needs improvement at the 4 spot.

13. zcity

zcity Contributing Member

14. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Wait for **** to hit the fan in Sacramento, and pry Cousins from a disgruntled front office looking to put together a young, marketable core for an impending move to Seattle.

Lin & TJ would be at the top of Petrie's wishlist.

15. Dei

Dei Member

I'd trade them a combination of Jones, Patterson, White, and Morris. I wouldn't trade Motiejunas for him.

16. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I would trade anyone on our team not named Harden for him.

I think Patterson, DMo and Jones would get it done if we threw in a few picks as well.

LMA is a top 5 player at his position and would be a perfect complementary player next to Harden.

Lin
    Harden
    Parsons
    LMA
    Asik

In my opinion thats a guaranteed playoff team this year and something that could blossom into a contender.

17. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

This guy is number 1 on the "realistic" acquisition depth chart.

18. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Trade for Aldridge, now we have an attractive destination for future F.A. Someone to combo with Harden and Aldridge.

In comes Dwight.

19. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Lol fail.

20. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

No freakin way that we land LA without giving up Parson and/or Asik.