1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KJ McDaniels in support of former Miss Alabama in saying Dallas Cop Murderer is a Martyr

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rockets0515, Jul 12, 2016.

1. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

[Premium Post]

Haha hilarious when a scrub gets a 33 page hit on something non basketball related.

Looks like the only way KJ can make the headlines. Learning from the very best in Maury. Be mediocre at your job but generate headlines through social media to take away the attention from your inadequacy in your primary job.

Stop twatting and work on your game bro

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Just a suggestion, learn about context.

I answered questions with those quotes, and every one was directed directly to the point.

3. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

Murray?

Kevin Murray was indeed a great QB if that is who you are talking about

4. Dei

Dei Member

I thin KJ McDaniels should become a martyr

1 person likes this.
  5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

We'll send him out to jump into Curry's knees.

6. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

All Jim Jones said was breakout the Flavor Aid.

7. jsingles

jsingles Member

A r****d who doesn't understand the elementary grade level of definition of freedom of speech shouldn't be throwing out their opinion.

Delete your account

Pick up a 4th grade textbook and get to learning kid.

8. omgTHEpotential

What a ****ing ****.

9. thaGREATwall

thaGREATwall Member

So are the terrorists today "martyrs"?

10. omgTHEpotential

I guess if they're black...

11. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Is it? Are you aware that unarmed white people get shot more frequently than unarmed black people? That's not raw numbers, but at a higher rate. So, there is a lot to it being a use of force issue over a race issue.

Blacks are targeted by the police more in general, and that is a race issue. But the actual shootings of unarmed people by cops doesn't seem to be.

Given these statistics, and that so many of those put forward by BLM are questionable cases at best (Micheal Brown, etc), the root cause of the anger would seem to be the latter: blacks being arrested/pulled over more frequently. I think that cause would go farther if it stuck to that, as the statistics are pretty undeniable, and if more whites were aware of those statistics, more of them would be behind getting that cleaned up.

As for this particular tweet and retweet...haven't seen much mention of the original tweet here, just KJ's retweet of it. Looking at the headline for the initial tweet (by the former Miss Alabama) I was shocked, but when I listened to her video, she mentions quite frequently that she knows she shouldn't feel this way, and that thinking in that manner was wrong. But, one can't help their feelings. And those types of feelings are what is causing the current issues, so I thought it was an important tweet, and one that could be constructive in an honest discussion of the issue. As such, I don't see KJ retweeting it as being that outrageous, although still a media relations nightmare, though. Celebrities DO have freedom of speech, but need to understand that that doesn't mean freedom from consequences for said speech. You can see from the majority of reactions here that this is bad for the Rockets, and letting go of people that create bad PR is neither unusual nor out of bounds in any way.

12. body slam

body slam Member

Anyone else think Miss Alabama did this for attention? A controversial to get her name out there.

13. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

I don't know her history, but I didn't get that impression watching her video. I believe she works in the media already (news?0, and so probably knows that this type of video isn't something she wouldn't necessarily want her name out there for.

14. TheresTheDagger

Good post. Agree 100% with it.

15. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet
    Supporting Member

Is it? If 13% of the population commits 50% of the violent crime, shouldn't I target that 13% more than any other group?

16. Mathloom

Mathloom Contributing Member

1) You work for those people. They didn't hire you to target innocent people.

2) What on earth does target mean? You're not an exterminator. You're supposed to detain people who break the law and hand them over to someone who can rehabilitate them.

3) Those people haven't committed any crimes. The people who have committed crimes are not in those communities, they are gone to prison or shot or something. When someone breaks the law, then you do your job. You can't be targeting people who you just expect to commit crimes, this strategy has failed miserably already and is unethical anyway.

4) Who says they are not being targeted?