1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Not one Nickel - not one Dime - you hear me Les!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Dec 17, 2015.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I have been a Rockets fan since the 1972 - 73 season, have been through thick and thin with this organization, I care, probably too much about this team.

This is by far and away the WORST I have felt about the team, ever. Even during the tanking years, most of the guys were at least giving effort.

So, my ticket Rep emails me - I live in Austin, but go to a few games a year - and I wrote him back this:

-------------------------------------

I will not spend one nickel on anything Rockets related until I see them playing hard, and trying.

No Jerseys for my kids, no tickets for the family, nothing - I am embarrassed by this team, and the players on it, the lack of leadership, and the lack of professionalism I want to see from a team I support.

So please tell Les, that as a long time fan, until I see them competing on a nightly basis, that my money will go toward something else.
    -----------------------------------------

Now, I am paraphrasing and I doubt it gets to Les, but I also would not be surprised if I am the ONLY one feeling this way.

Anyway - I will cheer them on, but from the TV, hoping that the team and it's alleged Star players suddenly decide to care and play hard again.

Until then - this is Scrooge McDDuck signing off.

DD

jump shooter and CCity Zero like this.
  2. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I know he didn't hear you.

justtxyank likes this.
  4. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

did you end your sign with...

"DD"

Morey would know, and get it to Les right away

burlesk, RasaqBoi and Williamson like this.
  5. Camarograna2

Camarograna2 Contributing Member

6. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

He will probably just raise ticket prices again...

7. Camarograna2

Camarograna2 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. Tadow

Tadow Member

Signed

Tuesday night was the first game in years that I turned off before the 4th quarter. Harden is an amazing player but he's obviously got something else going on outside of the game that he cares more about than playing. Dwight is what he is and he's not being catered to so he's checking out as well..... I was wondering if we need to get another video of their defensive lapses mixed together and take it viral. They seem to do better when the national media is ganging up on them.

9. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

You know where the door is....

10. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Meh. I don't blame Les, I blame particular players.

It does suck that I'm stuck with a half season package tho.

11. CertifiedTroll

I can't help but feel like you disagreed with my thread.

12. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Well you're a bit bossy sometimes, but I'm glad you sent a message similar to one I was wanting to send! This is also my worst season, and I have been wanting to tell the Rockets organization directly.

Imagine how incredibly pissed Les is at this team. He's already eaten McHale's contract. I'm sure this is his worst season too.

13. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

BTW, DD you have already messaged Maury and Les

When do you intend to message JBB and Tad Brown as well as that useless fitness guy Keith Jones?

14. pst257

pst257 Contributing Member

I've been a fan of the Rockets since The Big got drafted by the Rockets back in 1968, and I agree that this is the worst I have ever seen by a Rocket team. But it's still early, and I have faith that they will turn it around soon!

1 person likes this.
  15. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

The Rockets derive the majority of their revenue through the TV deal, which is set.

The stadium can be absolutely empty with not a single person watching the game and the Rockets would barely feel it.

16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

This is as good a place to post:

If anyone wants to sell me their Christmas Day tickets, I'll be in town and will use them on some truly thankful, young Rockets fans (my nieces and nephews).

This is from an 18yr STH, and now the longest-distance, full season-ticket holder for the Rockets (1,200 miles away) / not counting the flashseats, scalpers ...

signing off

17. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Well said, DD!!! I'm so frustrated too, I remember the rebuilding years being better than this trash play we've seen so far... At least then they tried, right now you don't know what team is going to show up, and most likely it's going to be the quitting version...

18. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

How tear stained is the keyboard? And was everyone else upset when you took your ball home?

20. thesonofsam

thesonofsam Member

Les is an amazing owner and has spent tons to make this team a winner. On paper we are really good, Les can't help that absolutely every single one of them is under-performing/has fallen off a cliff since the Western Conference Finals.