1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Perception of Rockets around the league?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OTMax, May 22, 2016.

1. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

All of my co-workers here who follow the NBA think McHale was a top coach.

He led us to the WCF, come on man!!!

I just shake my head. He was horrible. Harden's viewed as the third best player in the league though, and that's about right, maybe fourth but definitely top 5.

2. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

3. hooroo

hooroo Member

Yet, JET doesn't share your view and he thought the Rockets could have salvaged their season if McHale wasn't canned prematurely. Blaming McHale got overblown mostly because of the LOFs.

4. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

But no fans want him as their head coach. And neither do the front offices. At least five jobs have come and gone with nary a word about considering him.

I agree with other people who view McHale similar to Mark Jackson. When he's on a rival, it's all "Oh you can't fire that guy he's RESPECTED! Ur franchise is a JOKE!" But when it comes to their team they sing a different tune. All that says is they want the Rockets to sleep in the bed they **** in.

I'm close to being done with sports in general. Sports is just a way for the rest of the country to tell you to **** off. And Houston is a particular favorite in that regard.

5. Drogba

Drogba Member

Harden has a ****load of fans. He just has as many haters.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Mmmhmm.

Kevin McHale - such a great coach that got a raw deal that only one team reached out to him: Sacramento.

Grizzlies
    Kings
    Knicks
    Lakers
    Magic
    Nets
    Pacers
    <strike>Rockets</strike>
    Suns
    Timberwolves
    Wizards

1/3 of the league's jobs opened and just one team reached out.

7. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

McFail sucks as coach. One of the worst coaches in NBA history when all is said and done.

He fluked into a head coaching situation thanks to Mauri's disrespect for real coaching and his Boston connections. He further fluked himself into an extension despite the Portland humiliation.

No team that seriously wants to contend will hire this loser as their head coach. Even lottery teams aren't calling him for his services LOL. So many job openings and very few mentions of milk hair

He is a recipe for disaster and we are first witness to that. The damage he has done to this franchise is often under estimated.

8. conquistador#11

I think it's important otherwise Morley would have not been so motivated to lash out any one who thinks this team had chemistry issues.

9. dragonz

dragonz Member

So does Clutchfans, LOL /s

and now Clutchfans think Morey is the root of all problems #credibility

10. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Nah, just your typical dumbass posters on CF.

11. hongxingli

hongxingli Contributing Member

who cares, if you are winning, perception will change overnight. How do people think OKC before Spurs and Warriors games? How do we feel now? I know few will jump out saying that they knew OKC is good before, but very few can prove themselves.

12. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

If we have a productive season upcoming and we get a coach that looks competent things can turn fast for the better.....just like they did for the worse this year.

13. OremLK

OremLK Member

Season before last we were hated but feared, and I was fine with that. Now we're just a joke.

14. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

15. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

This team imploded in such a bad way. 'Broken Team' I've never heard of any coach having to go up to the front office and use those words. That's humiliating in the professional sports world.

16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Almost all casual fans of other teams I have met despise Harden. They keep saying that Harden is overrated, that he just flops his way to the foul line, and that he is a lazy bum on defense, blah blah blah. I can't count how many times I had to defend Harden against these people.

17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

18. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Uhh, no he doesn't LASH OUT AT ANYBODY who bla bla bla. It's only when it gets to a ridiculous outspoken agenda-driven level that Morey says anything on Twitter directly to someone.

It's called being a true fan of the Rockets, which Morey clearly is. He let his fandom compromise his restraint and to me that's the most understandable mistake a team member could make.

It doesn't matter what other fans think. It only matters what media and executives think because that influences the perception of FA's and trade targets, and if you read my last post you will see that we're doing absolutely beautifully in those departments.

#38 Mathloom, May 23, 2016
    Last edited: May 23, 2016
  19. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

living in melbourne Australia heres how the NBA fans see us.

"wights cancer and regressed to a non top10 centre"
    "hardens the worst defender in the league"
    "don't think it was Mchales fault"
    "think were kinda toxic"