1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I was robbed on Friday, need some advice

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tim562, Jun 26, 2016.

1. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

Need some advice - My house was broken into on Friday. The thieves backed up their car in the neighbors driveway, went through the backyard to my backyard, cut the fence, somehow opened my window, and took some stuff. This house, to the left of us, is abandoned but owned by someone who comes maybe once or twice a month to cut the grass. All other maintenance is not completed. The lady brings her kids (I'm assuming) and cuts the yard, brings in trashcans but that's about it. The shrubs, trees, brush; all grown out. Perfect haven for hiding. I spoke to the lady and she totally took no responsibility. She didn't even have a lock on her fence. So, my question is, does anyone have any contacts about who i can call about the abandoned house? It has been ownerless since at least 2004. I'll start with 311, but, I'd like a direct contact if possible. This lady says she has to pay 10k for a lawyer for the deed to be in her name or something. Idk. Excuses. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Do you see people hangout there besides the owners?

3. tim562

Yes, I have before.

4. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

A person I knew back in the hood lived next to an abandoned crack house, it was realty bad. One night it mysteriously burned to the ground. Then he bought the property and built a pool on it. The end.

5. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

So, moral is turn it into a crackhouse, buy it, and then build a pool there? :confused:

Or did I get the order mixed up...:p

6. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

It isn't the woman's fault at all, unless she is somehow a party to the crime.

7. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Where do you live brah?

I'd wager to say you're an out of looper

In any case, I would relocate. It doesn't sound like a safe neighbor hood for a robbery of this nature to happen. It's usually just a bunch of high school kids ravaging through cars but this sounds like a planned major robbery

8. tim562

I live in Denver Harbor. I10 and Wayside. I didn't mean to presume that I was blaming the woman completely, but i feel the chances for robbery would have decreased if the yard was kept it or if someone lived there

9. tim562

It was definitely planned. They knew when to hit us.

10. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Are you an Ese? Nothing but vato locos live in that area and my favorite Mexican hole on the wall restaurant, Porras.

11. tim562

Lol. Not really an ese. Used to love Porras. Can't eat it anymore though

12. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Attach a shotgun to your door with some rope so when they open the door it shoots

13. Asian Sensation

Not really? What does that even mean? Like kinda-sorta?

14. PhiSlammaJamma

Where was the squatter when all of this happened?

15. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

You forgot the most important step...burn it down.

16. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Sounds like an inside job. Pay a visit to the neighbor with some hoodlum friends.

17. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Depending on what they stole I can narrow your choices and capture these crooks. So what they stole?

18. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

cheke is your guy. Already gave Darryl a stern talkin' to for messing with the rockets...but a fellow CF member, that's where the line is drawn :grin:.

19. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

all advice aside, I'm sorry to hear about that, tim562. An awful feeling, that, separate from the inconvenience.

20. Newlin

Newlin Member

I'm confused. No one is living in the house, I get that. But then you say it's abandoned, but OWNED by someone that cuts the grass. But then you say the house has been OWNERLESS since 2004. If the deed of the house is not in the woman's/grass cutters name then I don't think she is the owner. You can do HCAD.org search to find out who the owner really is for that property.

Having said all that, I don't really see how the property owner is responsible for theft of your property. Are there any deed restrictions that may require the property owner to clean up their property?