1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What about Michael Beasley?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ABrooks0, Apr 24, 2010.

1. ABrooks0

ABrooks0 Member

Apparently the Heat are trying to trade Michael Beasley, due to the fact that he is growing slowly and is lazy at defense.
    Personally I would love to take him on the Rockets. He's only 21 and a great offensive player. He was playing pretty good defense on KG last night too.
    Get it done Morey!

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

/thread

and since when did scola and hill become invisible??

3. ABrooks0

ABrooks0 Member

What happens if we can't resign Scola? Beasley can play the 3 too. I'll take him over Ariza.

4. Karolik

Karolik Member

Unless we give up nothing I don't want a pothead on this team.

1 person likes this.
  5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I would not even take Beasley over Ariza.

I mean Wade can't get this guy pumped up and ready to play ball, no one can. He's just one of those guys happy he's in the NBA and will not look to improve his game until he's 29 watch.

At least Ariza tries, can't say the same for Beasley, he looks like he's just out there...

2 people like this.
  6. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Please no more undersized bigs.

He is a heavier Carl Landry with more talent and less work ethic.

7. ABrooks0

ABrooks0 Member

Well the fact that Wade kinda takes games over all by himself all the time. I can understand why he looks lost out there...
    But on the Rockets he could get his head straight. Ron Artest changed his attitude maybe Beasley can do?

8. BetterThanEver

Oops. Landry is actually heavier than Beasley. :p

9. ABrooks0

ABrooks0 Member

And Beasley is a much better offensive player then Landry too. Why are we still talking about Landry like he's on the Rockets? He's gone. Move on about him.

10. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

Do.not.want.Beasley.

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Ron Artest gave his 100% all the time though and confidence wise always thought of himself as the best defender in the NBA and a top tier talent...

Beasley has real confidence issues, Wade even said some time back that he's not confident. I don't know Beasley just like Yi to me. Has a lot of talent but in Bball you need certain mental aspects...Confidence is HUGE and so is playing 100% and giving all you have.

Carl Landry is a good example, averages around the same points as Beas (I think?) but there is no question he's giving it his all out there.

How many times do we have to hear from Heat staff and players "If Beasley could help out, we're going to need Beasley tonight..." just don't know about him.

You'd think he'd be motivated to keep up with Derrick Rose, but he just seems content with where he's at.

12. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

No, thanks. At least not at the price he would cost.

I'd rather stick with Scola and either Hill or the 14th pick at PF. Even Jeffries is preferable as a situational backup who can actually, um, play some D.

I, too, would rather have Ariza than Beasley (again, with what it would cost to get him), since a Brooks/Martin/Beasley/Scola/Yao lineup would get CRUSHED on defense. Ariza almost HAS to stick around as the one "defensive" starter going forward for this franchise. I think Brooks' offensive emergence and the acquisition of Martin pretty much solidified this for me.

1 person likes this.
  13. ABrooks0

ABrooks0 Member

I agree with everything you say. But I seriously thinks if he gets on the Rockets...His head will strengthen out. Did you see last night against the Celtics, he was confident, he was hustling. For some reason though they stopped passing him the ball when he was hot.

14. BetterThanEver

I brought up Landry, because they are both undersized PFs that have nearly the same stats in points, rebounding and blocks per 36 minutes. They have the same defensive liabilities. The only difference is that Landry is a better offensive player.

Beasley's 45 FG% is far below Landry's 52 FG% with the Kings as a starter.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/beaslmi01.html
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/l/landrca01.html

15. ABrooks0

ABrooks0 Member

I'm sure Beasley can come off the bench with Battier and just kill the other teams bench.

16. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

He is terrible.

17. ABrooks0

ABrooks0 Member

We could trade Hill, and maybe a pick. I don't think it will cost much to get him here.

18. Melechesh

Melechesh Member

I can't see Michael Beasley's ceilings anywhere higher than ex-Rocket Carl Landry.

Beasley is too small and doesn't have enough athleticism to make up for the size disadvantage to play the PF position.

He is too slow to guard any SF's with decent quickness.

His outside shot is streaky. If Landry was playing alongside D-Wade, he would've average 20 pts on 60%.

19. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

Yes.Michael Beasley is too terrible

20. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Gotta disagree with you there. Even if he's not the prototypical Pat Riley kind of player, dude is sleepwalking his way to 17 ppg. I'm sure the Heat would rather stick with him, coach him up and hopefully turn him into a 20+ ppg player going forward than to trade him for below market value.

And Hill and a pick (unless it's the Knicks' 2011 pick) is not market value for Michael Beasley.