1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lebron says if he wants, scoring title is his to lose Every Year

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by showtang043, Mar 26, 2010.

Tags:
  1. qetwr111

qetwr111 Member

He's not wrong.

2. Steve_Francis_rules

Nothing like yet another excuse to write a story about Lebron.

3. Mr. Space City

he would have to get that ft percentage up tho.

but he really could if he wanted. he's just too unselfish on the basketball court.

4. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I wish Lebron would ask to be signed and traded to Houston.....

What would you guys give up if that was actually a scenario in play?

I would give up 2010, 2011 and 2012 first rounders along with Trevor Ariza, Chase Budinger and Filler.

5. Mr. Space City

i'd give up chase, shane, ariza, draft picks, bart enis, patt smith, a couple rpd's, and that toyota tundra in the toyota center for lebron

6. PointForward

PointForward Member

unselfish my left nut. Don't let the assist number fool you. The guy jacks up more shots than anyone in the league. Add in the way he's officiated (Section 5A of the NBA rule book: no traveling or offensive fouls can be called on LeBron James, and whenever he misses a layup or a shot, it's an automatic foul on the defensive player), and it's no surprise that he says he can lead the league whenever he wants to.

On a side note, what a freaking conceited prick. Heck even Tracy "my will takes over the game" McGrady wouldn't say something as douchy as that.

7. showtang043

showtang043 Member

I am not even a lebron fan, but that trade is absurdly low value for lebron in return, its not even arguably realistic.

8. Mr. Space City

jacks up more shots than anyone in the league?

he only has 20.1 FGA this year. kobe anbd melo have more fg attempts than lebron this year.

9. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Dude could lead the league every year like Jordan did, for the most part, but I think eventually the fool will try to avg a triple double for a whole season...now that would be an accomplishment.

#10 rockets934life, Mar 26, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2010
  10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

What exactly did he say? A lot of players could lead the league in scoring if they wanted to. You think if there was a loophole that you'd get a bye in the 1st round of the playoffs if your team housed the leagues leading scorer that Kobe, Wade, Durant, Anthony, couldn't all potentially put up 35ppg?

11. Mr. Space City

in reality anyone of the top superstars could lead the league in scoring with enough fg attempts.

doesn't mean you'll win a lot of games tho.

12. Like A Breath

Like A Breath Member

The guy shoots 20 times a game and averages 8.5 assists per game and is STILL leading the league (or tied) in scoring. Of course he could lead the league in scoring if concentrated on it. But so could Melo, Kobe, Durant, etc...their teams just wouldn't be as good. Nothing wrong with what he said.

13. showtang043

showtang043 Member

its not that he jacks up the most shots, but he has the most possessions per game by far, he has the ball in his hand to do what he wants more than any other player and dominates it like no other unless its to get his stats ( a dime or a shot)...yea I wouldn't compare him to MJ at all in terms of leading the scoring for 8 straight years, lebron hasn't mastered free throw or mid range like MJ did, he has improved his shooting finally this year but its still shaky,

but I am thinking if you are a player who feels you can create with the ball rather than to watch someone dribble around and just wait and shoot or dunk once you get it off of him, you wouldn't like playing with lebron.
    It would just limit the rest of your skills, that's why I don't think wade or another star which everyone talks about surrounding lebron wwith would lead to success, this team of shooters and defenders surrounding him is much better off for him and them.
    It is similar to Nash, he is a true pg who loves to pass but he also dominates the ball, he penetrates adn creates and you only get it off of him for a shot or a dunk, you dont get to create yoursself, thats why players like Joe Johnson wanted to leave desperately, marion wanted to leave more, and amare wanted to leave more, bc they felt even though they are playing with the best assists man in the game they were limited and could do more than just catch and shoot

14. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I don't think he has the ball in his hands as much as Steve Nash or Chris Paul. And I don't know what "and dominates it like no other unless its to get his stats (a dime or a shot)" is supposed to mean.

What separated Jordan as an offensive force was his ability to use up possessions and to do so efficiently. LeBron is the only player to approach his usage+efficiency numbers in recent years. And back in the late 80s, before Jordan's championships, people criticized him for dominating the ball too much also. Your "I wouldn't compare him to MJ because he doesn't shoot as well" statement makes little sense to me.

<hr>

BTW, according to basketball-reference, here are the only players to have a Usg% > 30% and an ORTG > 120 over the last 40 years:

Player&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Season&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Age&nbsp;&nbsp;Tm&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;MP&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;ORtg&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;USG%&nbsp;
    LeBron&nbsp;James&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;2009-10&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;25&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;CLE&nbsp;&nbsp;2730&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;122&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;33.5&nbsp;
    LeBron&nbsp;James&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;2008-09&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;24&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;CLE&nbsp;&nbsp;3054&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;122&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;33.8&nbsp;
    Michael&nbsp;Jordan&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;1996-97&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;33&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;CHI&nbsp;&nbsp;3106&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;121&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;33.2&nbsp;
    Michael&nbsp;Jordan&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;1995-96&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;32&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;CHI&nbsp;&nbsp;3090&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;124&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;33.3&nbsp;
    Michael&nbsp;Jordan&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;1991-92&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;28&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;CHI&nbsp;&nbsp;3102&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;121&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;31.7&nbsp;
    Michael&nbsp;Jordan&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;1990-91&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;27&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;CHI&nbsp;&nbsp;3034&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;125&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;32.9&nbsp;
    Michael&nbsp;Jordan&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;1989-90&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;26&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;CHI&nbsp;&nbsp;3197&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;123&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;33.7&nbsp;
    Michael&nbsp;Jordan&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;1988-89&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;25&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;CHI&nbsp;&nbsp;3255&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;123&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;32.1&nbsp;
    Michael&nbsp;Jordan&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;1987-88&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;24&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;CHI&nbsp;&nbsp;3311&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;123&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;34.1&nbsp;
    Larry&nbsp;Bird&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;1987-88&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;31&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;BOS&nbsp;&nbsp;2965&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;121&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;30.2&nbsp;

#15 durvasa, Mar 26, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2010
  15. OremLK

OremLK Member

Indeed.

16. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

if he was as selfish as kobe, he would average 40 points this year the way he is shooting.

instead, he gives you nearly 9 assists a game while putting up 30. just a ridiculous player.

cockiness comes with being the best player in the L.

17. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

The reaction depends on WHO's saying it, compared their floor game and people's sentiments about it.

If Michael Jordan in a 1992 interview with Ahmad Rashad said *deep, low, boring voice with solemn facial expression* -- "If I really wanted to be the scoring champion every single year, I could really do it. But it doesn't matter..." -- itd be oh Michael Jordan is SACRIFICING his stats for the good of the TEAM. I want to Be Like Mike.

Even if Kobe said it, it'd be like like "See, he's really a team player, stop tha Kobe HATIN' "

Lebron, he's arrogant cuz people still dont want to hand him anything.

Really in the statement, Lebron kept emphasizing he could if he wanted to, if he reallly REALLY wanted to, every single year, like EVERY. SINGLE. YEAR...that was a bit much bravado actually. But not the biggest deal.

18. Christopher

Christopher Member

Shut up and do it, or dont mention it again.

19. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

After seeing Durant in person this past Wednesday, I might disagree with LeBron. Bron is the better all around player, but KD is just so pure with his offensive game.