1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deuce Mcallister

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Dusty Bottoms, Aug 15, 2002.

1. Dusty Bottoms

Dusty Bottoms Member

Where is everyone rating him? Towards the lower tier of running backs no doubt, but dem Saints do run the ball a lot. I was thinking he might be a steal. Any thoughts?

2. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

He went 24th overall in our league, ahead of Anthony Thomas, Stephen Davis, Garrison Hearst and Antowain Smith.

3. PhiSlammaJamma

Why is everyone so high on him. I just don't get it. What did he ever do that was so good? I'm baffled. The Saints like to throw the ball. Time will tell. Bennett seems to be rising up as well. But he really stunk last year.

4. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Stop talking about my Bennett! :D

In all seriousness, Bennett last year wasn't terrible on Sandbox, even though he struggled in real life. (I think he averaged 6.8 FP per game) A lot of his struggles were due to the bad O-line in Minnesota, which should be remarkably improved with McKinnie there.

This year, assuming Culpepper stays healthy, the Vikings offense should be strong again, and Bennett is a great receiver too. I liked him this late... I've seen him go in the 20's in other drafts.

5. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

Gotta disagree:eek:

Teams will double and triple team Moss. With Carter retiring, the Vikes offense is in trouble if they can't run the ball (just like last year) A new coach, a new system. The Vikes will not be the same offensive team they were without Carter.

6. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Carter's attitude hurt the team last year, IMO.

I agree that they need to establish the run, but the problem with the running game last year wasn't Bennett. It was a bad offensive line that became worse when Stringer died. This year, they've added McKinnie, who's just a superb OT, and the rest of the line finally has some consistency. Derrick Alexander isn't a bad second receiver either.