1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2015/2016 European Football Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by rox1, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

He apparently said it at today's press conference.

2. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Barca offered 80mil for Pogba and Juve refused, according to their sporting director. They really seem to push for 100mil, crazy.

3. Raz

Raz Member

That's what I wrote in march. Hope he shows better behaviour with Bayern now, we already have a dirty player in Rafinha.

Since Pizarro is probably gone, we need another forward. What do you guys think?

4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Read something g about him only receiving one yellow card or yellow ban during his Donezk time or something, he seems to be a fair player that was incredibly excited and nervous for the Bayern match and wanted to show everyone what he's capable of.

Regarding our forwards, I agree. Lacazette and Griezmann are the rare kind of players that can play at the wings and as strikers, signing one of them would be a great Investment. You'd have Costa as the future Robben replacement and then Griezmann or Lacazette as a Ribery successor.

I still think we'll sign di Maria (Adidas wants a key signing that represents their company and he's the only capable guy on the market to contribute from day 1, also new Marketing opportunities in South America), so maybe we'll settle for a cheap youngster as a Lewandowski backup.

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Pirlo retiring to MLS.

Damn that's two Best ever Midfielders gone from football.

6. REEKO_HTOWN

Arda transfer official.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Still one of the best passers or the best passer

but he is tired of running around

MLS should sign more young talents and less seniors. Do not want to turn it into a home for the old.

8. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

80mil for Pogba wtf.

9. Jontro

Jontro Member

I bought him on my PES team... dude is very... ordinary.

10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Real, Barca, PSG and ManU kinda destroyed the transfer market with their last deals.
    100 for Bale and Neymar, 75 for di Maria and 50+ for Luiz set the bar and are now what everyone aims for when they have a potential star.

Bale and Neymar were unproven on Europe's biggest stages, so I understand that Juve doesn't want to sell their biggest player for less. FFP was the only measure against all this, but failed terribly.

11. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Nani seals move to Fenerbahce

Looking forward to Memphis Depay

12. REEKO_HTOWN

They call Progba the 100 million € man in Italy. They been calling him that since early last season.

13. The Stig

The Stig Member

United on the brink of signing Matteo Darmian from Torino for €20m.

Anyone seen this lad play? Good deal or nah?

14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Asked about him two times in the last weeks, no reply. Seen the ScoutNation video (you should check it on YouTube) and he seems to be a really good guy for left back and right back. Good anticipation when defending, doesn't get blown by in most cases and knows when to stay with the defender, when to tackle, etc.

Also really good on offense, as he's great on the technical side and often initiates counter attacks with his dribblings. Good at crossings. Also made a few goals.

All in all reminds me of guys like Alves, Marcelo, Alaba etc

15. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Can anyone tell me how good or bad or mediocre Liverpool's signings have been?
    I haven't been watching football long enough to evaluate talent correctly.

Rep for teh football gurus! :)

16. The Stig

The Stig Member

Thanks for the heads up! After seeing the ScoutNation video, I'll admit that I'm excited to see him play since he seem to be as good, if not better, than Gary Neville back in the early 2000s. We haven't had a true RB there in a long time so I'm glad LVG sorted this out early. I really like that he is able to play both in midfield and in defence, especially since we have an injury crisis annually these days.

17. smr6

smr6 Member

Good to see United closing in on a solid and practical signing rather than going for the flashy big names. He'll come in with lower expectations, and fewer people have heard of him. But, he will fill a much needed void on the right side and finally force Valencia off the field. He did an admirable job filling in at an unnatural position, but he was clearly overmatched back there.

18. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

True, he looks extremely promising and should be a good addition from day 1. There were heavy rumors of Bayern buying him, so I'm a bit disappointed it apparently doesn't turn out that way.

But Pep announced Lahm playing more right back this season, so I guess it's an okay decision for now (really doubt Darmian would've agreed to sign with us for a backup role). Still would've been a good signing, I'll definitely keep an eye on him and think ManU has a great transfer summer.

19. Jontro

Jontro Member

I'm not convinced about Ings. Seems like he's another mediocre, Henderson/Downing type of player. Not sure about Firmino. The new keeper seems underwhelming.

The only positive buy I see now is Milner.

On another note, Sterling is showing his true colors, which is the color of schiette. I'm starting to hate him more than Suarez. At least Suarez truly contributed to our winning record and delivered every night. Can't say that about Sterling who was often invisible. Plus he runs like a girl.

1 person likes this.
  20. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

SO no more Valencia at RB? I guess its bye bye Rafael da Silva

I don't see him playing much LB with Shaw, Rojo and Blind who can all play there.