1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[FREE] The One Movie Rental at RedBox code thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SwoLy-D, Jun 2, 2008.

1. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

If you have already seen them, the RedBoxes all over town are either inside or outside McDonald's and by the cashiers and exits at Wal-Marts.

I get a new code every Monday (you can sign up yourself, or wait for an update to this thread :D, although others who receive different codes can add here). I might re-open this thread when I get a new code. Use this when you select your movie. You will see the "ENTER PROMO CODE" button below the screen that shows the movie you choose. You can use this code ONCE per Credit Card.

Code expires midnight 6/2/2008: D77FY8

2. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

Sweet thread Swoly-D. I just signed up yesterday, and my code was BREAKROOM. Like you said, you can use it once per credit card. Thanks man, lets keep this thread going. There are so many of these Redboxes everywhere: McDonalds, Walmart, Foodtowns, Krogers.....they are popping up everywhere.

Also, check this SITE out.

3. SwoLy-D

Thanks, tim. I also checked out www.redboxcodes.com and those seem legit, as well. :eek: I'd rather use the ones they send me only, though, since they might be suspecting something if I use too many with the same credit card.

4. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

I've already used all the ongoing codes. I guess I need to sign up for the Monday/Wednesday texting thing.

Well, they're there to use, and lots of people use them, so I doubt they'd hunt you down and arrest you.

5. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

you guys are rookies
    use redbox first
    then breakroom
    then dvdonme

then the every monday codes....

6. SwoLy-D

Hold on, hold on... let's say I am a brand new "redbox guy" here... are you saying to use the code "redbox", then rent with the same credit card with code "breakroom", then with the same credit card do "dvdonme"?? :confused: Did this work for you?

7. no_answer

no_answer Member

Redbox movies are pieces of crap. Most of the time I get scratched up ones that skip and I don't return them on time and end up paying $8.

8. Nice Rollin

yes, but START with redbox because thats for first time customers only. then breakroom. then dvd on me. then rent every monday, burn or "back up" the movie and watch at your own pace. there are so many movies i havent seen yet. i just stop by work every monday.

im a little disappointed that The Great Debaters is not in redbox. i wanted to see that. I guess i'll just have to get it on blu ray. damn, racist redbox.

9. Nice Rollin

haha you're gettin owned by redbox....

When i rent movies like no country for old men, the departed, dan in real life, juno, there will be blood.....basically movies that stupid teeny boppers dont wanna see, they come out scratch free.

i only get scratched up movies when i rent stupid teenager stuff like Saw IV and popular stuff like Transformers. Just go to work on it with a buffer and that should do the trick...if you're gonna get a really popular movie, get it on the first day.

10. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

fixt.

11. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

nice sig moes^

12. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

You keep a movie 7 days past due when there are RedBox machines scattered all over the place? That's pretty silly to complain about.

Personally, I have rented from RedBox 15 or 20 times and have never had noticeable skipping problem.

13. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Every DVD I get from Redbox is scratch-free, and I've had no problems at all. Sure there's a limited selection, but it works when I really want to see a movie and I'm not targeting something specific. Problem is, I always seem to be in line behind the woman with 4 kids who each want a different movie. If there's people waiting, know what you want to rent. There's a big display poster for a reason.

I went to Hollywood Video yesterday. They have a 2/5.50 thing going on right now and 2.75 really isn't a bad price for the older/classic movies I feel like renting.

14. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I've redboxed it up more than a few times and only once have I had a disc that didn't play... and that was Black Snake Moan which we only got about half way through. I'm guessing every male within that 2 mile radius probably rented it to see Christina Ricci's boobs anyway.

15. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

In case you guys didn't know, you can rent a movie online and then pick it up. Saves the headache of trying to hunt for it on foot only to come up empty, especially with the new releases.

16. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Has anybody rented Empty Case yet?

17. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

Lol, saw that for the first time today...... ;) :D

18. Nice Rollin

then you cant use the codes. it tells you where the movie is online before you go

19. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

i'm with Nice Rollin... rookies :)

I started the thread 3 years ago when it first appeared

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=97518&highlight=redbox

The insideredbox website is legit, its been around since I first rented 3 years ago. Before their codes were alot easier, I remember when their promotion codes were people's names, I went overboard renting every movie possible.

Last month they had Mon/Wed free codes, now its just Mondays only, the Wednesday codes were for May only, I believe.

The REAL trick is if your out late, rent them at midnight, so if your a night person, u technically have it for almost 48 hours for the price of one, ex. rent at 12:01 am on June 2nd, dont have to return it till 9pm June 3rd and only cost you a buck. :)

btw, Great Debaters is not at Red Box, because Blockbuster has exclusive rights for "Weinsteins Co" released movies

also, Swoly-D, with the multiple codes on the website, u can use more than one code with the same credit card at the same time, I think there is a max of 3 movies out at once for each credit card.

#19 Dave2000, Jun 2, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2008
  20. SwoLy-D

Thanks for that Dave. I will try it soon.
    Ummm... it's scratched, but you don't return it until 8 days later? What are you trying to do, cover every scratch? :rolleyes: :p

Anyway, as soon as you can't watch a DVD, just call the 800 number and they'll give you a code for a credit... no questions asked. I know that I've done that maybe 3 or four times already, and they've asked no questions. Just don't cheat the system.

That's funny... artsy movies NEVER have scratches... nice catch, moes, no poor peeps wanted to watch Pan's Labyrnth.