1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best AT&T phone w/ physical keyboard?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TesseracT, Nov 29, 2009.

1. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

I think I'm gonna get a new phone because texting on mine is a pain in the ass with no keyboard. Only thing I really want is a physical keyboard really.

No iPhone because I hate the touch keypad. Not sure about a BB because I don't really like the design.. Any suggestions?

2. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

HTC or BlackBerry.

3. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

get a netbook

4. ceonwuka

ceonwuka Member

BB Bold. I Love the phone. The email is constantly being checked against your mailboxe(s) so you can get your mail as soon as it comes. Also its a great phone for productivity as the Microsoft Office ToGo is easily the best word processor I've ever dealt with in a phone. Its great for working on papers or other homework/business on the go and there is a pdf viewer built in as well.

I personally prefer the Bold 9000 to the Bold 9700 because the 9000 is wider so the keys are spaced out perfectly for me. (My hands are kinda big). The 9700 is a great phone too, but its slightly smaller comparable in size to the 8900.

The only drawback to it is that you can do so much on it that you absolutely have to charge it every night. If you already make this a then it isn't a big deal at all.

I used to be a big fan of Windows phones, like the BlackJack and HTC Tilt, but in hindsight they ran kindof slow IMO. Idk if how the newer devices perform so you might want to check those out too.

5. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Get the droid. It has both.

6. kgw

kgw Member

I have been pretty happy with my Samsung Epix.

However, the advice I would give is to go try them for yourself. I went in thinking the Bold was what I wanted, and tried about 30 different devices before choosing this one.

7. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

Google G1 or Palm Pre,which of the latter is what I'm planning to get. ;)

8. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

Tilt2. I have the equivalent phone on t-mobile which is the touch pro 2 and the physical keyboard on that phone is top notch. big buttons, dedicated numbers row, increased spaces between buttons. I had the t-mobile wing before which had a slide out keyboard but the one on the tilt2/touch pro 2 blows it away.

9. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

I've got the Samsung Impression. It's NOT a full smartphone if that's what you're looking for, but it has the keyboard, touch screen, and data is only $10 as opposed to $30 for smartphones. It will sync with yahoo and a few other mail clients. Unfortunately the Gmail app for it is terrible.

10. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

The Nokia N900 is about to take over the game. Running off Linux Maemo.

[​IMG]

11. theogcasey

theogcasey Contributing Member

If you're stuck with AT&T, the BlackBerry Bold 9700 is the best option. If you're open to other carriers, the Moto Droid, Nokia N97 and N900 and Palm Pre would make the cut.

12. Xenochimera

Xenochimera Contributing Member

nokia e71 is pretty good too.