1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Missed calls in the first quarter of Game 1

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Flop, May 20, 2015.

1. Flop

Flop Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/s6pwP3NYldk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I didn't see any missed calls against the Warriors. They mostly made layups and threes in transition/off screens. The reason we took the lead early on is because they hardly attacked the rim and drove it in. I will go ahead and say I recall a Josh Smith travel in the third quarter. You can clearly see and HEAR the second foul on Harden in the video. It is hard to keep up with the moving screens set in the first quarter of the video. Anyways, I am new to this. Let me know if you guys want me to stop or do the rest of the game. I will go ahead and get started on the second quarter.

I left out things like Curry carrying the ball and taking another step, some push offs on rebounds, and screens where they move/stick their arm(s) past their shoulder due to bad angles.

1 person likes this.
  2. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

I want to see that curry push on brewer in the fourth which lead to a three and he still flopped like got shot by a sniper

3. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

This is a Rockets message board. Go away.

4. Flop

Flop Member

It seems you don't like me. Not gonna listen to you. Feel free to prove me wrong and show me the missed calls against the Warriors. I am being objective.

5. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

Good video. You could make a video solely on moving screens. Keep going :)

6. Man

Man Contributing Member

Is that the 2nd quarter? The 2nd quarter is where the problems began. We got calls earlier.

7. ceonwuka

ceonwuka Member

It was pretty clear the refs decided to just swallow their whistles on Harden drives early. Very disappointing.

1 person likes this.
  8. Flop

Flop Member

Here is the video:
    I added all of Harden's stepback jumpers in the 4th quarter for your viewing pleasure.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NVkzTr-op7U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Recap:
    1. Harden could not get any calls on his drives throughout the game. I am shocked he only shot 6 free throws considering how aggressive he was the entire game. It should have easily been a 40 point night for him.
    2. The third quarter had the most moving screens for the Warriors.
    3. I am surprised not one moving screen call was made in the entire game. This definitely favors the Warriors considering the splash brothers are better than everyone in the NBA at shooting off the dribble.
    4. Bogut grabs and hooks Dwight every chance he gets when going for rebounds.
    5. There were hardly any bad calls against the Warriors. Maybe a couple of times where the Rockets were touching the Warriors on their back when they shot a layup in transition, but 1/2 went in. They did the same to Brewer except they would go for his hip rather than his back which is less noticeable. I noticed more contact on Josh Smith and other Rockets drives in transition which I didn't add. Jones looked like he fouled Curry on that three at the end of the game, but it came after a blatant push off which sent Corey Brewer flying.
    6. I left out a lot more (non)calls against the Rockets because they were hard to notice without me pointing them out and I did not want to seem biased.

I woke up early to showcase the Warriors moving screens.

2nd quarter recap:
    • There appeared to be one moving screen on Dwight in the 2nd quarter, but when you see the reverse angle showing how Bogut picked up a foul on Josh Smith it shows Harrison Barnes was grabbing Dwight's arm on the roll while shading him to make it look like a moving screen. He was trying to get Dwight in early foul trouble.
    • Draymond Green fell back onto Howard's left knee in the 2nd quarter. I added it. Also, added some extras in the 2nd Q showing how they got some calls that we didn't.
    • The Rockets started the 2nd quarter 31-24. They committed their 5th team foul at the 6:19 mark of the quarter. The FT difference was 7-2 in favor of the Warriors. The Warriors finished the half with the momentum up by 3 points.
    • The only reason we did not crush them on the boards when they went small is because they would truck, grab, and push Howard out of position.
    • I wish these games were on CSN, because ESPN angles suck and they don't show many replays when there's a whistle and a dead ball.
    • I thought Josh Smith traveled in the third. It was 2 steps.

2 people like this.
  9. Man

Man Contributing Member

We need to bomb this stuff to Silver, Morey, etc.

And especially any Rockets-blind ESPN commentator, analyst, ex-ref who's paid off or something, etc.

10. mdoggnic

mdoggnic Contributing Member

One thing I have noticed is that on a skip pass to a corner 3 every team in the NBAsets a moving screen on the shooters man and it never gets called. Just because the screen is off the ball doesn't mean it shouldn't be called.

11. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

This video needs to go viral

12. Man

Man Contributing Member

Ridiculous.

Reminded me of the Howard offensive foul call (BARELY anything there, particularly in the context of us not getting any calls and them getting the slightest of everything on the other end), the Harden light touch on transition against Livingston. I am used to seeing Harden not get calls on the drives, but those are CLEARLY fouls.

13. Flop

Flop Member

I am still surprised not a single moving screen call was made in the game.

14. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

[​IMG]

They didn't call that.

15. Camarograna2

Camarograna2 Contributing Member

moving screens and harden getting hammered on drives.. yep that was bad. Also Green hammering our players and nothing is called.

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

When even Tirico is pointing it out then it should be obvious to everyone. Warriors had no chance in this game without the grabbing, holding, pushing, falling (beyond flopping), run blocking (moving screen does not do it justice) and refs opportune swallowing of whistles.

Harden easily should have gone to line 15 times in this game instead of 6. Harden goes to line even ONE more time, results of game are different. The stench of desperation was in the air, and Warriors know they got away with one.

17. Caddman

Caddman Contributing Member

I'm ok with letting the players play, but why is one player called differently than the others? Wasn't Van Gundy fined 100k for wondering the same hing about Yao?

18. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

That is some fkn BS right there. *** this league.

19. acjeitherocket

this was the one that shocked me the most. You could hear him slap James' arm!! SMFH!!

20. Camarograna2

Camarograna2 Contributing Member

Kudos to Flop for creating this video
    We can report this to the NBA. Follow these instructions.
    First as soon as we start making noise I guarantee NBA will demand this video to be taken down. So download the program called 4Kvideo downloader or something similar so you can make a copy of this video. Link: https://www.4kdownload.com/howto/howto-download-youtube-video?source=videodownloader
    Now that we have a copy of the video you can upload it to youtube to either send in your link or Flop’s.

Link to reporting to NBA : http://www.nba.com/email_us/contact_us.html
    Enter your name, email, Select Officiating in the NBA as the dropdown.
    Enter the following message:
    Please review these missed calls. Link can be found. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVkzTr-op7U
    Some Key misses:
    1. Harden could not get any calls on his drives throughout the game. I am shocked he only shot 6 free throws considering how aggressive he was the entire game. It should have easily been a 40 point night for him.
    2. The third quarter had the most moving screens for the Warriors.
    3. I am surprised not one moving screen call was made in the entire game. This definitely favors the Warriors considering the splash brothers are better than everyone in the NBA at shooting off the dribble.
    4. Bogut grabs and hooks Dwight every chance he gets when going for rebounds.
    5. There were hardly any bad calls against the Warriors. Maybe a couple of times where the Rockets were touching the Warriors on their back when they shot a layup in transition, but 1/2 went in. They did the same to Brewer except they would go for his hip rather than his back which is less noticeable. I noticed more contact on Josh Smith and other Rockets drives in transition which I didn't add. Jones looked like he fouled Curry on that three at the end of the game, but it came after a blatant push off which sent Corey Brewer flying.
    6. I left out a lot more (non)calls against the Rockets because they were hard to notice without me pointing them out and I did not want to seem biased.
    7. Specifically in the 2nd qtr
    A. There appeared to be one moving screen on Dwight in the 2nd quarter, but when you see the reverse angle showing how Bogut picked up a foul on Josh Smith it shows Harrison Barnes was grabbing Dwight's arm on the roll while shading him to make it look like a moving screen. He was trying to get Dwight in early foul trouble.
    B. Draymond Green fell back onto Howard's left knee in the 2nd quarter. I added it. Also, added some extras in the 2nd Q showing how they got some calls that we didn't.
    C. The Rockets started the 2nd quarter 31-24. They committed their 5th team foul at the 6:19 mark of the quarter. The FT difference was 7-2 in favor of the Warriors. The Warriors finished the half with the momentum up by 3 points.
    D. The only reason we did not crush them on the boards when they went small is because they would tuck, grab, and push Howard out of position.