1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Game 6 Meltdown & Clutchness Video

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, May 16, 2015.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I pulled together the 3rd quarter meltdown followed by every Clutch play on both ends of the court all the way to Josh Smith's dagger 3 to put us up 111-102

I hope you enjoy.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/S0dOHgDunlY?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7 people like this.
  2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Cool stuff. It would be epic if we could get the video with the radio broadcast and that old rockets theme music in the background.

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I'm also putting together a Sweet Lou 4 2 Meltdown and Clutchless video of screenshots of your posts during this series.

cheers

3 people like this.
  4. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

LOL. Will there be music? Sabotage by the Beasties will do the trick.

5. MONON

MONON Member

That's awesome Sweet Lou! Thanks!

Something I found interesting. At the 2:35 mark of the 3rd, Paul hit a lay up to make it 89 - 70 Clips. Half of us turn off our TV's. At the 2:16 mark, Howard hits 2 free throws to make it 89 - 72! That in itself is amazing, but the manner in which he made them is what I thought was telling. The 1st bounced straight up & fell in. He BANKED the 2nd one in!! :eek::grin: Let the come back rout begin!!!

6. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

That was great. Repped

7. wowimmagical

wowimmagical Member

Nice vid but would've been nicer if I could hear the crowd/announcers.

8. Tuk88

Tuk88 Contributing Member

To me the turning point in the game came at the 4:29 mark in the video, when both teams were simply trading baskets, and Paul was dancing a jig with the ball in his hands, the kind of thing you do when you're getting cocky and overconfident. I remember thinking I would just love to see karma wipe that swagger away. Terry promptly blocked him for a fast break and the Rockets promptly went on a 39-15 run. You know he was feeling cocky because he wasn't even remotely open when he shot the ball.

Thank you, thank you very much.

9. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Yep. The way Dwight made those free throws is part of the reason why I said "eff it, I'll keep it on".

10. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

Enjoyed thoroughly

11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Didn't know how to capture audio well with the screen capture tool with quicktime. I could go back and add some audio if someone has suggestions.

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Haha. Well played!

13. kjhwang

kjhwang Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/WRhPMRK7CSk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

14. kjhwang

kjhwang Member

And is there any possibility that they can do this Sunday?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/DxVEwsOBLqc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. MystikArkitect

If they play that song as the intro to game 7 I'd probably cry.

1 person likes this.
  16. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

Ugh. Was anyone else disgusted by harden's lack of effort on D and ISO-ball during the collapse? He was the only one who looked liked he was standing in mud out there.... Everyone else gave 100% effort.

17. HookemHorns1250

I know the song is horribly played out in these types of movies, but Requiem for a Dream would have fit perfectly for once here. The slow...haunting start to the song being the so called "Dagger", then just as the song began it's part to pick up, then have the come back happening.

Anyways, GREAT video, more than I could ever ever do. What a come back is all I seem to be able to say....

18. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I will cry if I hear that for game seven

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

What's incredible is how dramatic the shift was from the 2:16 mark in the 3rd qtr. I really didn't leave many possessions out - just 13 pts that the Clippers scored the rest of the way, and I think 4 or 5 of them was ft's.

I really think when Dwight hit those two free throws the game completely changed. All of a sudden the guys started making all these hustle plays, and even though they didn't result in points they changed the tone of the gam. Jones started it with the tipped inbounds pass. 6 consecutive free throws and cutting the lead to 13 and the rally was on.

20. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Awesome. I love it.

(I completely forgot about them playing "it's a Small World After All" for the Magic intro. That's cold :)