1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Jeremy Lin, James Harden after Rockets' 99-93 win over Wizards

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Jeremy Lin after the 99-93 win over the Washington Wizards
    <iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_KnnGvAl72I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

James Harden after the 99-93 win over the Washington Wizards
    <iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BSdJWbiWxWk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

Thanks Clutch!

3. rokit

rokit Member

nah bro you were too passive

4. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

I wish someone would ask Lin .. "I see that you are passing up on a lot of open looks, perhaps over passing to a degree. Are u still having issues with your jump shots? "

5. OremLK

OremLK Member

I wish instead of doing interviews they would pick a few players after each game to set up in a podcast-like environment and just talk about the game with each other for 15 minutes instead of awkwardly answering reporters' questions.

I'm sure the sports media wouldn't be happy about this, but I would find it a lot more entertaining.

6. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

People think he is too passive........

I just think he needs to learn how to shoot a faceup mid-range jumpshot.

7. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

Or "it looks like you are a completely different player when Harden's on the floor compared how you played on Monday. Maybe you are deferring too much and that is hurting your game?"

8. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

The media asks the most harmless questions...

9. rokit

rokit Member

he needs to learn that yeah, but he was passing up open shots...

10. roxxy

roxxy Member

Be aggressive be be aggressive

11. GoRockets!

GoRockets! Member

Lin: "I didn't think I was too passive..."

Man, Lin doesn't even know he is passive. lol Maybe that's the reason that he always has average or many below average games because he doesn't know he needs to step up and be aggressive.

When everybody watching the game knows that he is too passive, even all the reporters and different team game announcers all mentioned that. Can somebody let Lin's mom know that he is too passive? I guess that's the only way to let him know. :(

12. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lin might be thinking of aggression with respect to penetration. He did drive often. Too often it was driving out of the open look and into the defense.

As Tony Parker pointed out, Lin is basically a rookie and is learning to pick his spots. Right now he needs to get some confidence in his jumper.

I get the sense he wants the ball to "zip" around back to him, but he has to realize that 1) One of Harden's jobs is to be the bail out option as the shot clock runs out, so the ball at times stop with Harden by design and 2) it is hard to get open shots and if Lin passes up the open shot then it kills the effectiveness of zipping the ball around.

13. EarlIII

EarlIII Member

Nice to hear Harden talking about the lack of defense as a huge concern tonight.

14. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

15. khfxxx

khfxxx Member

He said his ankle was still sore after shootaround...

It seemed he was saving energy in the first three quarters although he did come alive later and made some big plays in the 4th to seal the game.

I guess he was still a little bit tired. Missing the first 2 FT might be a sign. Also saving energy for the celtics game.

My 2 cents :rolleyes:

16. kozmo

kozmo Member

He doesnt need to learn anything....BUT he needs to stop passing up open shots. He has the skill set to do everything on the floor....he had enough touches to easily score 20 and for this team to move forward he needs to do that....

17. trowa2

trowa2 Member

when someone pass to him for an open shot, reward the guy by making the shot instead of passing it. no wonder no one likes to pass to lin

18. TheRookets

TheRookets Rookie

Smh, people keep talking about him being passive when he's trying to play point guard. Open looks so what, he's trying to get his teammates involved which in turn builds rhythm and confidence. If you actually watch the game, he tries to pass to everybody. I can give a **** if he scores 38, I want a balanced stat sheet like a few games before where 6-7 guys were in double digits.

Scoring is NOT A PROBLEM with the Rockets, it's defense and turnovers. McHale said it over and over again.

19. TheRookets

TheRookets Rookie

Oh... be aggressive against the Wizards... The whole team needs to be aggressive against the celtdicks.

20. GoRockets!

GoRockets! Member

Agreed.

Especially that Lin hasn't realized that his unselfishness, i.e. passing up the open shots is actually hurting the team. Harden and Parsons could have a bad shooting night and Delfino is always streaky. It's not that Rox always have very stable scoring weapons. Lin being a good scorer not only adds an insurance to our offense/score, but also makes Harden and other teammates' game easier by drawing more defense from opponent team.

Lin hasn't yet established himself as a consistent scorer that commands respect. If he keeps passing up open shots, he will never get into the shooting rhythm and may never find comfortable shooting, thus never gain confidence in his shooting. He just doesn't seem to realize that, smh. :(