1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chase Budinger

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by ak47, Dec 6, 2006.

1. ak47

ak47 Member

http://nbadraft.net/admincp/profiles/chasebudinger.html

I saw this guy play aganist Lousville yesterday and he looks like a great fit for the Rockets. He is a freshman, but I think if he comes out this year he will be a Top 10 pick. He has a great shot and is very athletic.
    What do yall think?

2. chrispaul3

chrispaul3 Member

The thing that suprises me is that he is white and the next big swingman. 42 inch vertical, sweet jump shot, 6'7" forward...white? Nice.

3. rocketmingles

rocketmingles Contributing Member

sure don't want the Rox to fall in top 10 in draft order this time around

4. wireonfire

wireonfire Contributing Member

Watched him the other day, seemed lost on defense.

5. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

If he's supposed to be a top 10 pick, why does it even matter if he'd be a great fit for the Rockets? It's looking like the Rockets will be picking in the 20-30 range.

6. ak47

ak47 Member

I said he would be a great fit even though he will be a high pick this year or next.

7. Manun

Manun Member

Forget Buddinger, i think Thaddeus Young is the next big thing after Oden and Durant. He shutted down Durant and the game seems so fluid for him.

http://nbadraft.net/admincp/profiles/thaddeusyoung.html

So the the negative side of his game is his shooting? Hes shooting 40% right now from 3 point land :eek:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player/profile?playerId=31619

Hes going to be crazy and if they have him around the 20th pick we could probably end up with him.

Whats up with Splitter being drafted so low?

8. oasis

oasis New Member

The great thing about Chase is that he is a so unselfish player and he learns very fast. I think he will stay in college for 2 years to improve his defense skill.

9. FATCAT

FATCAT Member

if the rockets do pick up a player in the draft its gonna be NICK FAZEKAS..unless they get in the top 10........power forward who can shoot from outside...thats what JVG is looking for........

10. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Shutting down Louisville isn't much of an accomplishment this year. However, I will say what I saw of this kid on the offensive side was decent. Defensively, he's a hustler but doesn't have the "knack" for rebounding or blocking shots (the Louisville game was the exception, not the rule)... but I must say, the boy has hops (must be from that volleyball training!)

He would be much better off staying in school, unless Arizona runs deep into March.

11. Fuzzybear

Fuzzybear Contributing Member

He looks like a beggar's version of David Lee...

12. ak47

ak47 Member

Saw him play aganist Washington. He takes smart shots and makes good passes.

13. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

Arizona is loaded with excellent shooting forwards-Budinger, Redinovic, Marcus Williams, and Houston's own Jawon McClelland.

Hard for me to decide who has the most pro upside, I'd say Williams right now. I think he is a little quicker and instinctive around the rim than Budinger. But I could change my mind, Budinger has been impressive in his first third of true freshman season.