1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden: "Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players..."

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sydeffect, Jul 23, 2014.

1. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Lets hope the two stars do get along fine. I am not that sure about that-- didn't look like Dwight was thrilled with Harden's defense or his level of focus. We'll see.

3. conquistador#11

looks like the " we play a different brand of ball when harden is not playing" doesn't seem so 'taken out of context now'. But many dismissed it because it was a negative thread.

4. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Our 2 stars are not perfect but they are still our 2 stars and they accept that

5. TheJet

TheJet Member

I find it amusing that people are expecting Parsons to light it up as a main cog of the Mavs. I'm I the only one that remembers him getting stone walled when he tried to beat his man off the dribble? Chandler was a great slasher, back cut, "off the ball" guy, but when he was faced up one on one he had a hard time getting open. Picks, screens were his best friends.

And did he really drop that comment on Twitter? I stopped following him when he left. If it's legit, that's the biggest pot vs kettle hypocrisy yet from him. Wow.

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

They are and they have to accept that and live with each other and make the best out of the situation...

until Morey trades one of them.

7. andersongo

andersongo Member

If Parsons was exposed, then Harden must have been going for the Full Monty when up against the legend of Wes Matthews.

8. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Legend? Parsons made trilliard a legend

9. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Yeah.

Claims he's the best SF in the series and gets embarrassed then tells people to think before they speak.

That's twice he should have taken his own advice and just not spoke.

10. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

A good number of "us fans" don't like Harden.

Exclude Lin only fans.. Good number my ass

11. TheJet

TheJet Member

Harden played poorly in that series, no doubt. Portland was also game planning to stop Harden as a first, second and third priority.

Parsons flat out disappeared as a third option. If all the attention is on one of your stars, you need to take advantage and make the opposing team pay. Dwight did that. Parsons no showed for the majority.

1 person likes this.
  12. chandlerbang21

Not gonna lie their were many games last season where the rockets offense looked completely loss when parsons was out injured. Houston lost a bunch of those games, shooting % decresed, less ball movement. etc etc. Parsons was important to the offense but not for 15 mill a year

13. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Has more to do with who we had behind him in the rotation and coaching.

14. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I felt like he meant it in a snarky way then, and I especially do now. I feel like I've said this so many times here, but the only thing that rubbed me the wrong way about Chandler this season was his complete lack of filter. He was allllllllllways talking. Yammering in the media about the locker room atmosphere when the Asik drama was going on. That slick comment about Harden. "Best SF in the series." "We're the best team in the NBA." Like, sir. He is the last one to be on some "think before you speak" high horse. The LAST.

1 person likes this.
  15. KlutchQT

I suspect you'd be a lot more pleased if they didn't get along.

16. chandlerbang21

harden was exposed by many players like PJ tucker, JJ redick , wesley johnson and matthews. Nothing new but its gets ignored like its 28% 3pt shooting for the season

17. TheJet

TheJet Member

That's why that Twitter blast (if legit) is so hilarious.

18. andersongo

andersongo Member

Parsons is not going to be top dog, not on a roster with Nowitzki and Monta Ellis. I think he actually understands that but also acknowledged that the Mavs valued him and his skillset much more than the Rockets FO and Harden despite his obvious shortcomings. On top of giving him a pot of money, they actually sold their vision of his role on their team quite well. It also helps that they actually have a legit coach to give said vision credibility.

19. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

Parson did call out Harden last year for his poor defense

20. KlutchQT

It's legit. I unfollowed him weeks ago but I checked his TL and it's right on top.