1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patrick Patterson vs ...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by IzakDavid13, Apr 16, 2012.

?

Do you NOW think that we should've kept Jordan Hill?

1. Yes- at least he can rebound

63 vote(s)
    34.4%
  2. No- Patrick is a beast

120 vote(s)
    65.6%
  1. Mr. Space City

patterson makes jordan hill look like dennis rodman

2. jocar

jocar Member

PPat's got wayyyy more bball i.q. and can still learn new moves b/c he has a natural shot stroke. Plus, he's still hurtin- his 2nd surgery should fix that. It's hard to see Hill getting any better.

3. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

Hill was terrible as a starter, he exclusively excelled against opposing benches. Patterson has had to play big minutes against opposing starters this year, especially in the 4th. I liked Hill but comparing their stats/play this year is impossible due to this. This is why Hill was this year's Thabeet in the Lakers deal, just a throw in to match salaries.

#63 ashishduh, Apr 20, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2012
  4. Mr. Space City

14 points 13 rebounds :eek:

5. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Hill then and Hill now. Poor lad did not get to play his natural position of PF

6. solid

solid Contributing Member

I would like to see neither one of them again in a Rockets uniform.

7. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

Will Patterson ever be the player Brandon Bass is?

8. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

They are both not world beaters. I dont care abut guys who could literally be switched as role players in and out to that big of a deal.

9. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

I personally liked Jordan Hill's potential more then Patterson's.

That being said, while Patterson lacks a solid offensive game (similiar to Hill) and he doesn't rebound, he is still a better defensive player. He is basically Chuck Hayes but a little taller and less tough, but he isn't useless if you put him on the floor against another team's small lineup.

I don't see Patterson in the Rockets future unless they get someone besides Scola that can score with some post moves and/or get rebounds when he is on the court. Having a player like Patterson isn't bad but he is a role player at best unless he suddenly develops more offensive moves besides the outside jumper from 12 ft and that horrible lob that the tv announcers call a skyhook out of pity.

10. arjun

arjun Member

Ppat is NOT a beast...but holy **** yes i'd take him over jordan hilll..

11. meh

meh Contributing Member

Patterson still has the oh-so-important "potential" attached to him. Jordan Hill? A lot less so. Their career path may end up similar, but as of right now Patterson is much more likely to breakout.

12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Where's the option for "no, Hill is expendable regardless of Patterson"?

13. bro2044

bro2044 Member

"potential" talk is boring. MOST of the time Hill was terrible. Patterson will not be remarkable, I could care less either way - but I watched Hill every game and I could care less about his "potential" because who knows when that would even come to fruition.

and if he never plays much better, maybe his potential is below average-to-average NBA player.

14. JD88

JD88 Member

I didn't follow the NBA much this year, but for those who are doubting Patterson, he will turn into a special player. He went from being the star at UK alongside Jodie Meeks to being the 3rd option behind JWall and DCousins. He did it willingly in order to win a championship. His numbers were above average, his %s were fantastic, and his heart and motor are special.

He just played his second season, and plays behind Scola. He got (again I didn't watch much so going purely off stats) 8 and 5 in 23 minutes off the bench. He shot 44% from the field which isn't great and could improve, but its not THAT bad. He's been an NBA player barely 100 games. I saw him as a college player and he was one of my favorite players to ever play for UK because he's about as unselfish as it gets and puts the team first. Give him some time to develop and let him get his confidence up, and I guarantee you in 3-5 years you will have a solid (16,8) starting PF.

15. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Vs

[​IMG]

...and the winner is =

JORDAN 'Mr Double Double' Hill!

16. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

If we do trade Patterson in the offseason, I wonder if prospective will admit that they have a hole at power forward.

17. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

9 double doubles in 170 games.

Jordan Hill can rebound.
    Patterson can hit an 18 foot jumper and play slightly above average defense.

So the answer is we should get rid of both of them.

18. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

we should trade Morris and/or Patterson, especially if we can't find a taker for Scola's bloated contract.

19. cod

cod Member

Whoa, just read something about PPatt. He had a "Greg Oden" photo moment leaked a year ago? If that was true, the Rockets sure did a good job of sweeping it under the carpet.