1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Officials from HELL, Knicks fabled defense... How did we not lose?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ROXRAN, Jan 11, 2001.

1. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

This was unbelievable! How bout Francis doing a near triple double again! Ugly game, but it made my night. [​IMG]

------------------
    Sometimes you gotta do the next best thing!

2. TeXaSalsa

TeXaSalsa Contributing Member

officials from hell isn the understatement of the year

they were SOOOO bad

------------------
    --TEX

3. CHARockets4ever

What can be done about this sorry a** officiating? It was great to see Rudy T. get his victory~ IN YOUR FACE YOU SORRY REFS! Take THAT "T" and SHOVE IT!

------------------
    Charles, seems you've got your work cut out for you. I'm BEHIND you 100%!!!

4. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

The defense was the key. Great steal by Cat late in the game after he messed up on offense. Shandon played great...he is really finding his shot lately. The refs blew one that finally went our way on the Camby foul, but we've had enough of those against us so I dont feel guilty at all. What do you guys say we win a big game at home Saturday?

------------------

5. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Sounds good to me DieHard!

------------------
    Sometimes you gotta do the next best thing!

6. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Mobley finally stepped up and drove to the basket instead of jacking a no-chance fadeaway. That was great to see.

------------------
    "Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning how to put food on their family while being put to death."

7. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

This was quite simply, the worst officiated game in the history of the game of basketball. Never before have I seen such a lopsidedly called game. It seems like the refs were inventing new kinds of fouls. Amazing... what was it, 10 offensive fouls called? 10 flops is what they were. Well refs, I commend your effort, but your beloved Knicks just didn't get the job done tonight. Maybe you should have given Mobley a technical for making a basket.

------------------
    "Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning how to put food on their family while being put to death."

8. Houston Rocks

Houston Rocks Member

My props to Mobley for not tapping the backboard or taunting for a T. You KNOW he wanted to rub it in Spreewells face.

ROCKS!!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Houston Rocks (edited January 11, 2001).]

9. Heath

Heath Member

Strange - the only foul mentioned in the recaps on NBA.com is the one LJ tried to get on his last shot attempt. [​IMG]

------------------
    Heath
    -where have all the spaces gone?

10. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Ya'll might find this pretty interesting...go check out the nba.com's recap of the Rockets/Knicks game...it pretty much favors the Knicks (even though the rockets one) Just to give u a little taste of wat it says, the first line states, "A horrible offensive collapse ruins a record-setting defensive accomplishment for the Knicks." And it gets better.

------------------

11. tariq

tariq Member

Poetic Justice!

------------------

12. Dogbelly

Dogbelly Member

It's hard to win a game when it's 5 on 8. But the Rockets did it, miraculously. It's like the REFS are in awe of the Garden. I was so angry for the entire game, it's hard to believe they were able to pull it out. I e-mailed Mark Cuban at half-time to suggest he get a tape of the game as ammo against the refs. After watching that game and the officiating, I am not impressed with any record the Knicks set. Do you think maybe the refs were aware of the record before the game began? The NBA had a hand in the Knicks setting their record. Too bad the Rockets' overcoming two entities to get the win will be an afterthought on ESPN tomorrow.

------------------
    Kenny Thomas had a foul called on him in the Western Conference Finals.