1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Felton said Jeremy Lin has a target on his back.. ...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by M4-Nightvision, Oct 19, 2012.

1. M4-Nightvision

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/stor...remy-lin-knicks-point-raymond-felton-jr-smith

" Raymond Felton is back in the Big Apple and loving it. And with the last vestiges of "Linsanity" having dissipated, the New York Knicks' starting point guard said the team is in a better position -- point guard-wise -- than it was a year ago.

Felton said things will be much different this season for Lin. If you recall, Houston offered the overnight sensation $25 million over three years, so the Knicks passed. While Lin's 26-game run last season was spectacular, it will be a huge challenge for him to repeat that performance for the Rockets.

Felton was very complimentary of Jeremy Lin, saying Lin's run last season was "one of the best I've seen in a while.'' But he said Lin had better be ready this season, because he has a target on him.

"I'm happy for him; he's down in Houston starting in a new situation where the team is basically his,'' Felton said. "I hope he has a good season. But it's going to be tough. It's not as easy as people think it is, playing the point, knowing that people are coming at your head every night.

"It's going to be difficult," Felton added. "It's not going to be like it was last year when he made that run. It's going to be tough, because everybody's coming for you because you have that name. That's the difference this year -- every night as the main guy, every point guard in the league is going to be coming at you. So he's got to be prepared for that.''

Granted, it's only preseason, but so far Lin has not looked prepared. "

okay everyone this is my first thread so if I make any error don't mind me ok.. :):grin:

1 person likes this.
  2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Felton, you have some big shoes to fill. I'd recommend you to stfu.

3. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

Cleverly disguised lets bash Lin thread. I'm sick of both sides. Just...

[​IMG]

You basically answered your own post. I'm just making it clearer for you.

4. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Granted he has not look prepared?

He has looked fine except for his jumper.

I wonder how much the NY Media will trash him when the Rockets play in New York

5. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

Dude...

:confused: Not in the GARM.

6. M4-Nightvision

Are they Nike shoe or addidas hehehe :) :grin:

7. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Peak, the chuck Hayes ones.

8. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

remember this is the same Raymond Felton who while yucking it up in Portland blamed his poor play on the coach for not "having faith" in him. THen he admitted to the media he would cry on the phone about it to his mom!

Never wanted him back, good luck feeding Melo and getting out the way. People forget when he was doing well in NY it was just him and Amare.

9. pnr

pnr Member

Non-story. What Felton said is true. Felton needs to be prepared too. The two of them will be constantly compared.

10. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

OMG... somebody said something about Jeremy Lin!!!!.... ahhhhh cant create a thread quick enough....

Nothing Felton said here is earth shattering. Yeah, he's going to be under the microscope(mostly just in New York) whether he does good, bad, or just ok. Its the nature of being part of the phenomenon that he was last year.

We already knew that, so lets move on please.

11. detso

detso Member

I don't think the person replacing Lin will be under less pressure than Lin. Felton himself has a target of his back too.

12. M4-Nightvision

oh thats not my quote its from raymond felton.

13. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

It's not Felton's quote either. It was the writer's.

Felton found a way to get his name onto ESPN. Good for him. Yawn.

14. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

So, this isn't about Harvard fans coming after him? :grin:

[​IMG]

15. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Felton has a target on every buffet in the Tri-State Area.

16. Nimo

Nimo Member

Aren't the Knicks tired of talking and being asked about Jeremy Lin?

17. CXbby

CXbby Member

Non-story, but not because this is nothing new. Lin is either going to be a mediocre player like many of this board thinks, or he has the potential to be something great. If he is going to be mediocre, the extra attention will hurt him. But who cares if a mediocre player struggles, he wouldn't be leading this team anywhere anyways. If he has the potential to be great, then a trial by fire will only make him better. And he will be facing the type of attention that he would be inevitably facing anyways. Either way, it doesn't matter.

18. rockmanslim

rockmanslim Member

Felton has a point.

It's not like anybody knew who Lin was during that run he had for that small market team, what are they called again? Can't remember.

19. thisiscaketown

Nothing wrong with what he said. Lin hasn't looked prepared and hasn't been either, for obvious reasons. However, Raymond Felton had better watch out himself, seeing how venomous the New York media can be.

20. DeAleck

DeAleck Contributing Member

Speaking of target: Felton is so fat he wears a Target tshirt and a helicopter was trying to land on it.