1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Timberwolves 11/12/2014 (Mexico City)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 10, 2014.

1. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

So far our bigs rotation is holding up. We are waiting for TJones to get well. The urgency might change if he has to sit out longer.

We are looking for a bigger guy than Adrien perhaps. So see if Earl Clark (on the Vipers) can pan out, or if we can pry loose one of the prized PFs. Morey will have to weigh whether this PF or back-up center is worth losing our cap flexibility for.

If not, we may stick longer with Dorsey. Is he still suffering from his foot injury?

2. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

He seems to be our 2/3 insurance. He doesn't seem to mind not playing.

He also seems to be one of the few guys Harden hangs out with on the team.

There was a time during their first year on the Rockets, Cisco kept Harden company while the latter was on a date with one of his girlfriends. They watched a basketball game in San Francisco. I thought at the time could the Rockets have sent Cisco to make sure James didn't get into trouble?

Sorry for sounding so TMZ. [http://www.rucuss.com/sports/fling-alert-is-james-hardin-dating-urban-model-claudia-nelson-photos/]

3. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Hasn't he publicly stated before that he wanted H-Town fans in the stands at the opening tip? Not all the time, but he does occasionally bring it up. I still say that moving up the start time to 7 PM was a mistake. People need that extra half hour to make it to the arena in Traffic City.

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Can't agree with Cisco not minding that he isn't out there getting some minutes. Everyone on the team wants to be out there playing, in my humble opinion. The borderline players just trying to hang on to a spot on the team, the guys banged up who can't play, the young drafted players still getting their NBA feet wet, and guys like Cisco, busy wondering if he's simply parked with the Rocks until Morey finds a deal that will include him and we say adios. I'd feel more sorry for the cat if he played well during the rare minutes McHale gives him. As it is, I can't figure it out. They all want to play. The good, the bad, and the ugly. Like a lot of folks, I'm more confused about why Morey signed Dorsey. So far, I haven't seen a good reason to have him on the team. Maybe he has a lingering injury being kept under wraps. Who knows? That scenario is the most "optimistic" reason I can think of. But hey! We're winning.

5. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Dude come on this is the nba and not some high school scrub team. They will not stop every team from scoring 100 points. And you do know the Wolves reached 100 in garbage time correct?

6. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Good win again for us. I know sometimes after a streak that first loss can start a downward slide. However the team was able to come back and win convincingly.

A little scary with Harden's ankle.

The defense wasn't as solid that first half, but it seemed like the team was able to recognize that and recover. I like seeing things like that.

7. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

The Rockets have done this a lot this season. Start off slow and then pour it on late. The Sixers hung around the entire first half. So did the T'Wolves. And the Heat were in it til halfway through the 4th. I actually have no problem with that. You're not gonna dominate a team for all 48 minutes(unless they're the Lakers).

1 person likes this.
  8. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

The Rockets are going to win 60 games this year.

They have that quality of being able to explode for a 2 minute stretch and then keep or add to the lead.

9. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

our basketball crowds are kind of weak but i don't blame the fans..the prices are just crazy at times. The organization needs to focus on filling every seat in the building. They need to randomly move fans down closer to the court if the season ticket holders aren't coming.

10. Progs

Progs Member

Ive noticed we have better crowds when we have those rare 830pm tipoffs.

11. Zergling

Zergling Member

This game was in Mexico. But yeah it's too bad we can't have that type of crowd in our real home games. The Mexican fans were IN LOVE with Dwight and applauded when Harden returned to the game after his ankle injury. Intelligent fans.

12. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

That was as good a game as Dwight has ever had for the Rockets.

His defense at the rim last night was amazing. I always liked guys that would goal tend a shot or two a game. It really does put things in the offensive player's head.

13. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Did anyone else notice - Anthony Bennet actually looked like a solid NBA player? He didn't do anything breathtaking like a star would, but he definitely seemed like he belongs. I'm not sure I could have said that about anything I saw from him last year. He'll still be a bust relative to when he was chosen, but I think he could still be a decent player. If he could improve his jumper and get smarter on the floor, he very much could turn into a poor man's Lamar Odom - the versatile 6th man type.

14. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

To be fair he was injured last season and never really had time to develop.

15. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

I mean yeah he's playing solid, but not what you would want from a #1 pick albeit it was a major reach

16. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I really cannot disagree with you.

17. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I didn't notice him really.

All those timberwolves players look the same.

18. abaker28

abaker28 Member

Any word on Harden's ankle?
    I know he came back on in the last, but when the boot comes off and time for the ankle to cool down is when any real damage (if) is discovered.
    Any reports on if there is a problem?

19. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree they've let teams keep it close, but it seemed like the effort was always at least there in those other games. The defensive effort seemed to be lacking a bit more than before in the first half according to how I saw it.

It may just be that I was focused more on it, or was more sensitive to it before since they were coming off of a loss, and they actually have played the same for much of the year. But that was my perspective anyway.

20. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Easier traffic at that time coming from Sugarland, Pearland, and the Woodlands.