1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Adelman forced to play Terrence Williams now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by fchowd0311, Feb 25, 2011.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

We only have two small forwards on this team. Chase and Terrence. Unless Adelman forces for minutes on Lee to play back up minutes for sg and sf?

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

With the West getting dramatically weaker Rick and Morey still think they have a chance, so no.

Making the playoffs is useless and hinders our draft pick but Rick won't care.

1 person likes this.
  3. Sekcomenpal

Sekcomenpal Member

I don't think T-Will is a SF, he can play SF sometimes on a small lineup, but he's definitely a Guard!

Anyway you're right we have 2 SF, Chase and Carroll...

4. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

I think he has to. I think Morey was comfortable trading Shane because he has enough confidence in TWill. He knows of his star potential. The guy was getting triple doubles in his rookie year with the Nets but when Avery Johnson came to town things went south

5. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

If T-Will doesn't start to play then it's obvious Adelman just won't play him regardless of what is on the team. Rockets are in a development phase not a contending phase so if Adelman shortens the rotation...I'm officially on the Rick must go bandwagon.

6. Grimm920

Grimm920 Member

I thought everyone on ClutchFans thought Williams was an oversized PG.. I guess he's a SF now... next week he can be our center!

1 person likes this.
  7. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

I don't get why people are so pissed at a young talented 23 year old swingman who is dying to compete FOR THE ROCKETS! And all the while they yearn for guys who don't want to play here at all. We're not going to win the title, Adelman probably will be long gone by the time we're ready so play the guy. There's nothing to lose.

8. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

Yeah, things went waaaay south, they actually started winning.

But anyway, I see Lee and Chase getting whatever minutes Shane left on the table.

9. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Forced? No. More apt to, possibly. I know RA catches a lot of flack for not playing certain players more. But regardless of a players potential, he is paid to win games. And which players he chooses to play and not is his call as to whether they help us win or not. It would be one thing if we were where Cleveland is, and winning much wasnt going to happen no matter who was out there, but we are not.

The potential minutes by those who dont play is somewhat determined by those that do. If Bud cant find some consistency, then Twill may see some minutes. Unfortunately, Twill's best position is at the 2, and Martin and Lee have that spot covered. If Lee can play some at the 3, that may open things a bit.

Barring injuries though, I still dont see a lot of minutes for Twill.

10. vince

vince Member

I honestly think that Adelman is trying to break T-Will. I get the sense that T-Will is doing his own thing and not buying into the coach's system.

It's mental games here. I see that T-Will has the talent (triple double type of talent). Morey has even said that T-Will is viewed upon as a future All-Star. He's that talented!!

But, I think that Adelman is doing it right. All players MUST buy into the system... If not, you have a playground team that will be cut up into pieces by any decent NBA squad that has cohesion.

Conclusion: Talent does not equal playing time.

1 person likes this.
  11. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I definitely think Terrence Williams will get major minutes now. I hope he does well stats-wise (and contributes to a lot of losses) so that he helps our rebuilding and so that we can trade him later.

12. Prince

Prince Member

If he doesn't get a playing time now, then there's something wrong, something else is happening.

13. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

If Courtney Lee AND Chase Budinger decide to take a Hawaiin vacation together in the middle of the season then yes, Adleman will be forced to play Twill... Until then, we still have loads of options.

14. jim1961

jim1961 Member

My guess is Twill is in place for the day we move Martin. And that could be as soon as this summer. Until then, he seems to need time to adapt his thinking to our system of play and our coach.

15. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Yes... let's all buy into a system that we have neither the personnel or overall talent to execute. That is such a WONDERFUL idea! Here is another idea. We are neither winning or getting into the playoffs, so screw the system that does not work for us and develop our assets so that they are worth a damn! Idlebrain does not seem like he wants in any longer and with the way he has been coaching, I would welcome the day he leaves with open arms. Give me an energetic coach who can keep up with youth and can actually be counted on to coach IN THE BLOODY GAME. You know, calling timeouts when needed and making subs or adjustments when players and match ups aren't working; you know, the things that a COACH should be doing DURING a game.

Talent doesn't equate to playing time? Try telling that to LBJ, Wade, Durant, T-Mac, Kobe, ect. In this league, talent is the easiest way to win. I am not saying T-Will is close to the talent of those players or that he will ever even get there. What I do know is that T-Will is the most talented guy we have on our roster and will help us win much more than the one trick pony useless trash called Budinger.

16. digitalbreach

digitalbreach Member

They interviewed Morey this morning on 610 am. He said that Chase and Lee will splitting Battier's minutes. Budinger has recently started playing well but is inconsistent.

Lee cannot start and play behind Martin so T.Will should see some minutes. What else is there?

17. NMS is the Best

It would be idiotic if Twill doesn't get some of Battier's minutes

18. MajorSeanBond

MajorSeanBond Member

TWill better get some time!!! This is bull****! I'm tired of it. We're not going ANYWHERE with this team, Adelman needs to wake the **** up and develop his most talented young player.

19. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

The reason Twill is not playing is because he is an isolation player and Adelman runs a motion set which is not very compatible with iso ball.

20. MajorSeanBond

MajorSeanBond Member

THIS^^^. Adelman has been terrible this season. He calls terrible plays at the end of close games and he has definitely not put us in the best position to win.