1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jared Dudley: "I love to watch Houston"

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Feb 13, 2015.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Def not! He's a top 5 scorer in the league.He has vision and knows how to make the right play. I could play with him <a href="https://t.co/l4Wl8QFPTj">https://t.co/l4Wl8QFPTj</a></p>&mdash; Jared Dudley (@JaredDudley619) <a href="https://twitter.com/JaredDudley619/status/741320560555130880">June 10, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. craguin

craguin Member

[​IMG]

3. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I don't know. He's maybe a better shooter than Trevor, but not a better defender. Maybe defensively in one of his best years he's as good as Ariza in one of his worst years. Plus Ariza is not a worse shooter than Dudley if you take minutes and volume into consideration.

As backup 4, I'm not sure he's an upgrade over Beasley. Beasley can create shots off the bench, and that's valuable. I'm more interested in how Dudley functions with Harden OFF the floor - how would he be getting these open shots? What about rebounding, moving off the ball, etc? I could actually see Dudley getting backup minutes over Beasley if he can guard smaller 4's.

I just don't see anything special about Dudley except that he can shoot. If we can agree to terms early and sign him cheap, let's definitely do it. If it will cost anything more than that, forget it IMO.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Barely in the NBA player likes Houston, woohoo!

DD

5. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

The Warriors have ruined basketball for the enforceable future. There's limit to what you can compete. The Warriors does every team in with this format. All their role players shoot as good as the very best tier 1 shooters of other teams while Curry and Thompson are 'God' level shooters.

With this case in point it doesn't matter what upgrades the Rockets make....

6. mac2yao

mac2yao Member

And if they add Durant, they'll have three god-level shooters. That'd be fun to watch, though not compete against.

7. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

The Warriors can be beaten if a team assembles a dominant front-court with quick 3&D perimeter guys....

... and if the NBA decides to start objectively officiating Bruce Bow--- errr -- Draymond Green.

8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Stein: Brooklyn, Utah and Phoenix (again), sources say, are among the teams after vet swingman Jared Dudley, with Washington also still in the mix

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Utah Jazz will have a second meeting with free agent forward Jared Dudley today, League sources tell The Salt Lake Tribune</p>&mdash; Tony Jones (@Tjonessltrib) <a href="https://twitter.com/Tjonessltrib/status/748984269867888641">July 1, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>