1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DeVier Posey

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by RedDynasty, Apr 27, 2012.

1. moonsh0t

moonsh0t Member

I like the pick a lot. He seems to have great hands in his video and a good feel for the position. I think this kid could turn into a player.

#bullsonparade

2. jaxwithanx

jaxwithanx Member

So have you always considered yourself a mind-reader or are you just naturally this morose.

3. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

This.

Plus the QB play at Ohio st. has not been top notch the last few years

4. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

He's kind of lanky. Remind me of this guy

[​IMG]

5. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

stick with Jean ;)

6. OremLK

OremLK Member

The Texans like this guy a LOT. I trust Kubiak when it comes to picking offensive players. Just wait and see, guys.

7. Pat114

Pat114 New Member

8. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

You don't have to be a football scout to watch Ohio State games. Still, I'd trust anyone who did over the one who just read a brief write up in the player and watched a ten second highlight clip on tv.

9. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

I am inclined to agree with you here. In his meeting with the Texans in Feb, this guy was totally up front about what he'd done wrong. Basically, he violated the rules for what I see were mostly economic reasons (he needed the money). OK, I can understand that. He's been working out with Chris Carter in Fla and that tells me he has the work ethic and desire to compete at a high level. I say give the guy a chance to show what he can do on the field before labeling him J Jones part deux.

I'm getting a MUCH different vibe from Posey than I got with Dez Bryant who had the cowsheep fans and media making excuses for him before he'd ever steeped on the field for the Cowboys. In my mind, that's ALWAYS a big red flag. He blamed others for what he did at OK State and has been making the wrong kind of headlines ever since he was drafted.

10. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The only problem with your theory is Kubes has no track record with receivers. Name one good one drafted during the Kubiak era.

11. fraggle

fraggle Member

This.

In general, the organization hasn't had alot of success drafting WRs, unless it hits us smack in the face like Andre. That being said, best we can do is be patient, and do what Houston sports fans always have to - hope for the best.

12. fraggle

fraggle Member

Hm I think its valid to question this pick in regards to value for the round. Maybe he is a hidden, overlooked talent, maybe he is as good as Texans management thinks he is. But the general consensus is that this kid was resoundingly perceived as a very late pick, 5th rd or later - I think its a fair notion that we could've grabbed this guy in the later rounds, and drafted someone else. There's a common, but fair sentiment that we couldve stayed pat in the 2nd rd and grabbed Reuben Randle, and still had Brooks in the 3rd, and then still Posey in the 4th or later. Sure, it's possible in the long run that the addtl. 4th rd. pick + Posey > Randle, but we already had 2 4th rd picks before we traded out of the 2nd.

13. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

What I saw is a WR with nice hands and can make a nice catch. What scared me is that while not in zone coverage it looked like the CB's had blanket coverage on him. It's a little scary that he can't get decent separation from this level of competition.

14. jEXCLUSIVE

jEXCLUSIVE Member

We have no idea how high this guy was on other team's boards. Sure we know what the pundits thought, but is that really what you would want to base an argument off of?

There is ABSOLUTELY no way to judge or grade this pick until the Preseason at the earliest.

15. fraggle

fraggle Member

Haha you're right, but we also have no idea how good this guy is either. Absolute truth in the draft is a rarity, we're all conjecturing here - even 'experts' are wrong half the time. Dont get me wrong though, I'm waiting and hoping he pans out too.

16. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

There was "consensus" that Bruce Irvin was a 2nd to 3rd pick. He went in the top 15. Quick was a consensus 3rd round pick or later and he ended up going with the 1st pick in the 2nd rd pick.

17. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

From my buddy in Ohio, a Buckeye nutcase:

18. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I am OK with the pick but I'd like the Texans to get a speed receiver to stretch the defense.

19. Relentless

Relentless Member

Lulz...

20. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Posey on Twitter...
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>