1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

MDA + Ty Lawson = Match Made In He....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by oakdogg, May 29, 2016.

?

MDA + Ty Lawson = Match Made In He.....

Poll closed Jul 28, 2016.
  1. ...aven

26.3%
  2. ...LL!!!!!!!!!

73.7%
  1. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Yes, yes, I'm screwing around here, but......

If you take the last 12 months out of it (and remember he suffered no serious injuries in that time), is there a PG out there who better fits D'Antoni's system???

Is there a coach coaching who would be more appealing to Lawson, considering his style of play???

Not advocating it. Just popped in my head and found it interesting.

2. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Chris Paul, John wall, Russell westbrook. These players fit better for sure.

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

[​IMG]

4. thething

thething Contributing Member

Bottom line was that Ty Lawson was not very good at basketball this past season. His shooting was just awful. He would have been bad on any team.

Maybe he bounces back at some point, but Lawson wasn't bad because of coaching. He was just bad.

5. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Chris Paul is prob the best PG for MDA system.

John wall could run it but he can't shoot well enough from the outside to run it to its full capabilities. Westbrook is just a damn good basketball player. A true superstar but with that said guys like him harden curry Lebron and even KD to an extent would all look good in any offense because there the 5 best offesnive players in the league all elite playmakers except KD.

Harden is going to run the offense this year as he should you guys need to stop trying to find a pg to take the ball out of his hands. He's a top 5 offensive player no pg is going to outplay him. With that said he needs a guy who can create and score for himslef and other like lebron got when he came to Miami with Wade and what he had now in clevland with Irving. Lebron still runs the show but those guys help out a lot. Harden hasn't had that kind of help since parsons whos good but not on Wade/Irving level.

This is why I'm not opposed to a guy like Conley. He's been a 15-16ppg scorer with 5-6 assist for a few years now. He lets Gasol run a lot of the offense so he's used to not having the ball in his hands. I think he would thrive with harden as he would have more room than ever before with the amount of attention James draws to go with his gifted passing. Imagine Conley on the other end of those cross court whip passes James makes with the option to shoot the open look or take it to The hoop and make a play for himslef or others. That's how I envisioned Lawson playing but he never could play well enough to see the court. The few games Lawson did do this was the 4th game of the year when we beat OKC and he has like 14/8. He attacked found bigs rolling to the hoop and we beat a good team and the offense looked good.

The rockets should try hard to grab Conley and then add role players unless they can sign Horford also.

Capela
    Horford
    Ariza
    Harden
    Conley

That's a very good smart team with the ability to play very good defense to go with what should be a very good offense.

The bench would consume of beasley, brewer, Harrell, kj, bev, dekker while not the best it might be decent enough to score and keep pace with oyhet units especially if you make sure that one of the big 3 is on the court with them.

6. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

John Wall had the worst efficiency in the league guarding Curry this season out of qualifying attempts.

A Perfect fit for D'Antoni :mad:

7. oakdogg

My bad. I was meaning FA's/available players. Of course, a superstar PG is always going to be a better fit.

Obviously, it's 90% ridiculous. The 10% that's not ridiculous comes from how much he loves up tempo. Lawson's a complete mystery to me. It's hard to buy into the idea this is physical decline, as it was literally overnight.

Biggest reason I wouldn't be big on bringing him back is that giving him the keys would pretty much marginalize our superstar. That should make Lawson hesitant as well.

If Lawson was physically healthy without another ball dominant teammate, I think Lawson could put up some big numbers offensively for D'Antoni. That would be an ideal situation for Ty.

8. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

It's funny that before this season I would've said yes. Ty hit that same wall Brooks did after his MIP season, but Brooks can ultimately shoot. Ty really has no skill that will keep him relevant. Ish smith is officially a better pg than Lawson.

9. underrated015

underrated015 Member

screw ty lawson. him + anyone is still garbage.

10. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Are you aware that Lawson hasn't been able to positively contribute as a basketballer for 12 months-ish?

I don't think it matters who coaches him....

11. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I like boobs.

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

The idea of taking mediocre players and using smoke and mirrors to inflate their value does not appeal to me. It's why Texas Tech never won anything with Leach and wont win anything with Kingsbury. You need actual talent when nut cutting time comes.

13. oakdogg

It seems like you're arguing to not consider the system when picking players, which I think is silly. Nobody is advocating picking a Jeremy Lin over a Chris Paul. This thing called the salary cap restricts how much money you can spend, so it's a good idea to pick role players that fit your system and complement your star. The latter criteria is why I'm not enthusiastic about a ball dominant PG like some. Role players aren't going to be "complete players"

#13 oakdogg, May 30, 2016
    Last edited: May 30, 2016
  14. oakdogg

Also, let's not pretend like Tech chose to be a low profile recruiting destination. They did more with what they had than A&M has

15. oakdogg

In fact, if you were happy with A&M's brief resurgence, you should be Leach's biggest fan. He was all over that. Hasn't been the same since Kingsbury left