1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pelicans guard Bryce Dejan-Jones dies at 23

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mig0s, May 28, 2016.

1. hooroo

hooroo Member

Who knows what really happened? Shoot first, ask questions later really isn't the kind of response people would admit to to police.

2. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Of people who died today (99.9999% we don't know about cuz they don't play in the NBA), this guy sounds likes he's in the bottom 1% of them in terms of deserving our sympathy. I don't care if it's the right or wrong apartment or what country you're in, an act of aggression like breaking into a home is gonna earn you the death penalty in a lot of cases and I don't have a problem with that. I feel worse for the shooter actually. Don't be surprised about consequences in life, kiddies.

#42 oakdogg, May 28, 2016
    Last edited: May 28, 2016
  3. MONON

MONON Member

Any way you look at it, it's a tragedy for a 23 year old to die! :(

My thoughts & prayers go out to those affected.

4. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

So assuming he did kick down the right door to his ex girlfriends place, what would've he done to his ex?

5. Juxtaposed Jolt

[​IMG]

> 2016
    > "Calling."

You know it was a couple of texts with the "You up?" variant.

1 person likes this.
  6. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

breaking into someones place in Texas is a death wish

7. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Wanted to be there for daughter's birthday apparently after fight with mother.

Guy who shot him doesn't appear to have been trying to kill him with shot either. Just bad luck. Fit people don't have much fat, so even a bullet wound to to belly can cause lots of bleeding/damage.

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/2078368-nba-player-bryce-dejean-jones-shot-killed-after-breaking-into-apartment-reports/

8. PhiSlammaJamma

From the shooters perspective, I know if I wake up suddenly and think I see a shadow in the room, it frightens the **** out of me, so I can just imagine what it would have been like to hear someone trying to kick down your door in the middle of the night. All of it a shame due one man's poor decision.

In my life I've seen the aftermath of an office door kicked in for drug acquisition. It's not hard to do. The frame will just give way. That's the weak spot. And my neighborhood friend kicked in his brother's door pissed off. Lot's a fun drama there. So seen the aftermath twice.

One drug. One emotional. But still hard to believe doors are getting kicked in and stuff happening like that.

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/1...bryce-dejean-jones-dies-gunshot-wound-abdomen

10. Harden's beard

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Tragedy for sure.

Breaking into any apartment is stupid, this guy paid for his stupidity with his life.

DD

12. OrangeRowdy95

OrangeRowdy95 Contributing Member

Kirk Snyder broke into someone's home and assaulted the person, but he only went to jail

13. choujie

choujie Member

Well, that was not in Texas.