1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Warriors are a fairly easy team to hate

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Dankstronaut, May 30, 2016.

1. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

corey brewer is also a terrible and ineffective nba player. but u weren't able to make time to compose 1000 posts here about him too? :grin:

2. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

I can't help but respect them- you win like that, all other considerations just melt away.

3. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

They are no more and no less easy to hate than other great teams that I'm not a fan of.

I think the only team I have ever really been a fan of besides the Rockets were the Prince/Billups/Hamilton/Wallace's Pistons. I rooted HARD for them against the Karl Malone Lakers. Plus they were the definition of a team.

The overall reason I don't mind the Warriors though is they are fun to watch at least. And would still prefer them winning over Lebron.

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

This.

I hated the Lakers and the Celtics in the 80s. I hated the Bulls in the 90s. I hated the Lakers in the 00s. OK, I always hate the Lakers, no matter what. The Lakers are the only team I hate no matter what.

The team I hate the most now is the Clippers.

Four types of players I hate:
    big ego: think self is better than everybody else and not give a damn about others (e.g. Kobe, Shaq)
    selfish: me over team, not willing to sacrifice (e.g. Kobe, Melo)
    lazy: not bother to improve, not hustle on court, not bring it every game (e.g. Dwight)
    dirty: 'nuff said (e.g. Karl Malone, Chris Paul)

5. PhiSlammaJamma

I hate them, I wasnt to them lose, but if I look at it objectively I never hated Kerr, Thompson, Curry or Green until last year. So this is all about swagger while winning.

Now the Jazz I hated long before they became good. So that was legit hatred.

6. topfive

topfive CF OG

LeBron and Kobe annoyed me (while I admired them). Curry and Green bring out the hatred. Bogut, too. The thing that pisses me off the most is that they argue EVERY call -- those against them, and those of the opposition's that weren't called that they feel should have been.

Detroit's Bad Boys and the mid-90's Knicks were a-hole teams that had fans that knew everyone else hated their team. Warriors fans are different in that they honestly think the whole world loves their team and idolizes Curry, except for a few haters. They see all the ads with Curry and just think everyone loves the guy. The Bad Boys and the Knicks never denied the brand of rule-bending ball they play, they just said, "This is our game." The Warriors deny that they set illegal screens and grab uniforms on nearly every offensive set -- they want to be seen as a team that plays basketball the right way, a "beautiful style" team, when they're anything but.

I agree completely with the OP. I'll give them props for the insane amount of talent they've assembled, but there's no way I could ever like a team like that.
    <BR>

7. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

The only player I dislike is Green. GSW getting away with cheats is 2nd dislike.

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Corey Brewer at least has had years during which he was effective even if he is not effective right now. Not so for Robinson.

Also, there are already thousands of threads cursing Brewer while people were eager to make excuse for Robinson. I was performing a public service to basketball fans pointing out the objective evidence. My goal was simply to elevate the level of basketball knowledge among the Rockets fan base.

9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

ya, dumping patpat for trob probably had nothing to do with it :grin:

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

They take and make the most BS shots ever and they get away with fouls. Easiest team to hate in the NBA. I honestly can't understand how someone could enjoy watching the Golden State Moving Screens.

11. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Example: Tonight's game- Draymond.

1. Draymond's takedown of Steven Adams.
    2. Draymond's moving screens.

That's just tonight and Bogut wasn't even mentioned.

(Also, yes of course any fan of any other team would gladly accept Draymond if he were to sign with their team, that doesn't mean he isn't annoying and it's unnacceptable to hate him).

12. mac2yao

mac2yao Member

So basically, something like Dennis Rodman when he was on the Bulls. (Not in terms of playing style--just that description of him.)

13. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Honest Assessment here of why I hate the Warriors.

It stemmed from the fued during the season when the rockets tried to capture the 3 point record and Green committed a dirty foul to keep it from happening. At this point the Rockets and Warriors were pretty much on the same level. The year after I believe it was similar, the Rockets and warriors were both around 50 wins and generally in the same level as far as contender status. The year after the rockets lost Parsons but gained Ariza, started off hot and were like 6-0 or something. Lost to the warriors and then the league took notice that the warriors were taking off and starting to dominate. From this point on, The warriors who were previously not regarded any higher than the rockets just sky rocketed and the entire season us Rockets fan felt, we were still the better team and it would show in the playoffs even though we lost 4 - 0 in the regular season. Then to justify, I took notice of the illegal screens and ill advised lucky shots that Curry was making all the time.

So for me, it's like having a brother who was very similar to you but one year all of sudden just did everything way better and my hatred was out of jealousy more than anything.

14. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

With all that being said, I still hate the warriors and hope Cleveland take them out and kill some of this hype.

15. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

16. hoopster325

hoopster325 Member

Not an original Rockets fan, I'm an astrayed Sonics fan without a home.

I root for the Warriors for one reason, they've taken the mantle over the Thunder (who I hate with all my heart) and Lebron, who I cannot stand.

Even in the 90s, I HATED the Bulls but respected the hell out of them. But it wasn't traditional hate, it was more rooted in jealousy. I feel most people now have that same kind of hate jealousy of the Warriors because they truly are fckin great. Same goes for the Lakers, it was jealously hating the Lakers with Shaq, because they were just so damn good.

Now, I actually hated Spurs (up until they became the anti-Lebrons), and hated the Lebron Heat. Never minded the Celtics, but cannot for the life of me stand their fans.

I had zero respect for the Spurs & Heat, but I did respect the Bulls and Lakers. I don't know why. Same kind of feeling now for the Warriors, but mainly I hate the Thunder and Lebron the most, and they've overtaken both of them. So I'm okay with them.

17. mac2yao

mac2yao Member

If you make them all the time, they're neither lucky nor ill-advised.

18. ling ling

ling ling Member

The takedowns looks like an intent to injure. Bogut arm bar, green takedowns. If they end up hurting someone, the retaliation would be against curry or Thompson.

19. Jontro

Jontro Member

I like GSW, with the exception of Bogut and Green. They can get injured and I'd be all for it.

Still rooting against the Cavs though. Not rooting for GSW, but rather against LerBon.

1 person likes this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I sometimes feel like Harden: They just aint that good.

Not really.