1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden: "Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players..."

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sydeffect, Jul 23, 2014.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Two cornerstones no doubt.

Dwight is too old to be considered a "cornerstone" long term.

The most ideal scenario would be.... Getting Harden, then grooming another young Allstar candidate (Lowry? Dragic?) and have someone like Dwight (28 yrs old) join them.

Now we would be looking at 3 stars and already working on good role players.
    Ready for the journey.

2. beastlyball

beastlyball Member

Some of us real Rockets fans root for the team not just the players. Some players are synonymous with the team such as Hakeem, Moses, Sampson and to a lesser degree Yao, T-Mac, Barkley. I wouldn't even put Harden in the same category as Horry if you want to talk about being a true Rockets.

It may come off as harsh, but the reality is this guy is not going to bring us championship. I was really hopeful the first year, but after seeing his defense regressing I lost faith in him.

The only chance he helps us win a championship is if he help us recruit KD. Otherwise we need to go in a different direction.

3. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Except Lowry and Dragic are the same age as Dwight.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Dragic is 27 and Lowry is 26 when he left the Rockets. Dwight 29.

What I meant someone like Lowry who we would have developed, had we traded for picks, tanked a little, or somehow acquired it.

Parsons is not the guy, that guy is all talk.

5. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

Hope Harden can improve a lot this summer,or he will be another failure investment by Morey

6. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

How many guys in this league have brought their teams a championship? You want KD? He hasn't done it. Which of these proven championship winners do you propose to get?

7. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

We were 8th until we lost Dwight and Bev at the same time, and then dropped to 12th rapidly.

With a much better wing defender and hopefully less than 40 games missed between Dwight and Bev, and Harden to up his effort even a little bit we could be top 5.

8. munco

munco Member

why in the world would you say that? i have a bad feeling about this season

9. beastlyball

beastlyball Member

1 Most of players in the league are "ROLE PLAYERS" so of course the earnest is not on them to deliver championships.

2. Yes I want KD, and he has a realistic chance of coming here because of his relationship with Harden. KD is a real cornerstone player, he is what you can build around; Not James "no defense" Harden.

10. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

You didn't answer: how many guys in the league can bring you a championship, and which do you propose to get? KD (who hasn't done it) and anyone else?

11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

So you agree with Harden's statement, then?

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I answer for him. Lebron is the only guy that can bring you a championship with less help than other players.

Duncan and Parker needed a system, a coach and complimentary players.

13. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

Getting a title isn't easy either. It takes a special team too

14. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

When did Lebron do that? Explain?

Hakeem did it, but not Lebron.

I think you are mixing arguments. Who had better teammates in title years, MJ or Lebron? And now saying Lebron has won by himself. Nope...not close. No even remotely close to Hakeem did in '94
    Hakeem didn't need a system other than "Gif me da ball." That's a real quote.

He did need Rudy, though.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

KD has been to the finals. He is an MVP type of player. And he can get even better.

You have to lead your teams to the Finals and get the chance to win it.

We are sitting here talking about championships and we did not even sniff at the WC Finals trophy yet.

It is like always talking about that 10 pt chick while you are always dating 5 pointers. Out of reach.

But talking is always easy.

16. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

LMAO. Y'all can complain all you want about Harden's comments, but it's not like he's gonna get defensive.

17. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

first home game vs dallas is going to be sold out. I'm getting tickets asap lol

18. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Was waiting for someone to recycle that comment from one of the ESPN comments and use it as their own.

19. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

It's gonna be like an old school WWF crowd. Garbage gonna get thrown on the court. If I'm in town I'll be there.

20. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

[​IMG]