1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey on 610 AM Right Now

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocksolid, Jan 28, 2009.

1. rocksolid

rocksolid Contributing Member

Just turned it on...recap anyone?

2. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

recap anyone? DD?

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Joined in progress.

Morey - criticism of Tracy that he was the problem in the Knicks game was overplayed in that game, and it was a team problem.

Caller - Sees Detroit putting Richard Hamilton off the bench, maybe we should do the same with Tmac, also rambling about Yao boxing out, saying he should use his stance of his legs to box people out......says he has been making that observation for years....and the rebounds are just flying over his head because his hands are not up......this guy is horrible......ramble ramble ramble.

DM - Yao is better on offensive rebounding, he is focusing on it, says Yao is not quick and will not get the range rebounds, but he has worked on his technique and is getting better. Says Yao is focused on it and is improving especially on the offensive glass....says Yao gets the rebounds close, whereas Chuck chases em down, they get different types of rebounds.

Announcer - Big night tonight with Philly in town.

Morey - Great crowds still lots of home games coming up, great deals for fans, and the team is entering an important stretch to make our noise to get ready for playoffs......

------------------------------------------------------------

I just caught the end...sorry.

DD

#3 DaDakota, Jan 28, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2009
  4. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

Man you are fasT! thanks!

I hope recap the main points DM made.. I am eager to know his opinion on the latest Ron-Ron drama...

5. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I hope he was asked how the Rockets plan on getting Von Wafer more minutes. Also whether the offense or defense is a more pressing problem with the team.

6. DaDakota

Feigen next - will try to recap that here.

Feigen - Ron has been unpredictable, says the uncertainty has been as much about Ron as to whether he is going to play or not....forget day to day, Ron is hour to hour......thinks Ron was venting in the interview and was frustrated, and that Ron played lousy, and when you play lousy you have weird explanations come out. Says when your agent is not agreeing with you, you can't believe it.......says there is not chance of him sitting out until the all star break.

Announcers - Feels like the last hurrah for Tmac here....what will happen with his futures.

JF - It depends on a lot, the team will be much different in 2010, says you have 2 more postseasons before the decision has to happen 10 of next 12 at home, not a hard schedule, got some practice time coming up and with the army of statisticians that DM has....they are analyzing in these next few weeks even how this roster is put together. They need to see where they are now, and by what they are this post season......now.....

But it comes under the reminder that they don't want to be salary cap locked in 2010...Les wants to be a player that summer.

Announcer - Is a first round playoff victory enough?

JF - Hard question, if you win round one, you could be playing the best team in the NBA in the 2nd round. Not sure if it is enough, but say if you beat the Jazz or another middle of pack team like New Orleans then you play the Lakers TOUGH, but lose.......and you have a great series against them, do you blow it up over that, probably not, but if you win the first round then get blown out by Lakers, then you may blow the team up because it is not going the right direction, depends on how close they are.

Ann- Francis released, is it end of road.

JF - Yes, probably could be. Says if he wants to stay in NBA, he needs to get to work, and that you only get good in the NBA, you have to play games, he may need to go to another league for a while, like Europe or something, put in more of a consistent committment than he did with the Rockets....said he is not ready to give it up, but the fact that the Rockets gave him away and did not do a retirement deal means he still thinks he can play.

Announcer - Thoughts on Von

JF - Terrific story, not a favorite to make it out of camp, even if you went to 15 players, he would not be predicted to make it over Harris...says he has been kicked around...4th or 5th team......he has really paid some dues, says he got his chance when stars were hurt....but that early, he had moved ahead of Luther, and then went behind him again....and he kept working and got a 2nd chance and made the most of it, which is a reminder to everyone, that if you believe in yourself put your head down, get to work, and once the opportunity comes it can happen.

Von love is a little out of control though, he is a good player, but he is not Oscar Robinson or MJ, he has some real qualities, says it came down to Strawberry for Von for final spot.....and his one skill really shined and he made the squad.

DD

#6 DaDakota, Jan 28, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2009
  7. rocksolid

rocksolid Contributing Member

Thanks man!

8. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

Thanks DD.

9. GermanRoxFan

GermanRoxFan Member

10. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

much appreciated dakota.

11. Raven

Raven Member

I would hope the Rockets don't pin everything on 2010. There are going to be so many teams looking to clear space that the chance to trade T Mac for a solid player will be very high, and waiting for off season 2010 probably means you're not as strong in the playoffs leading up to that off season. Yao isn't getting any younger, and neither are some of us fans, you know.

12. DaDakota

Feigen said that is the plan, but it could change based upon this season....

DD

13. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

Thanks DD for the recap.I just tuned it on moments ago,damn I missed it. :(

14. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

it is already on their main page

15. T-macsterful1

T-macsterful1 Member

notice Morey totally avoided the topic of t-mac coming off the bench?

I bet that was brought up but t-mac doesn't like the idea.

16. Landlord Landry

this part is false, you should put aside your bias opinion DaDa and keep it real.

Morey never criticized Tmac, and never placed any blame on him specifically.

in fact......Morey's quote "I think the criticism of Tracy, to me, has been overplayed, that he was the problem, from that game, it was a team problem that everyone contributed to"

17. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

But it comes under the reminder that they don't want to be salary cap locked in 2010...Les wants to be a player that summer.

It appears 35 or maybe 48 or so teams want to be players that off-season. So, might some bright sabermetrician add 2 + 2 and determine that by not competing the summer of '10 because one is taking keep advantage with deals and steals that selfsame sabermetrician might effect between this very minute and next October thus trumping '10 caproom?

18. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

it is exactly what dd wrote.

19. DaDakota

That is what I said Landry.

That the criticism of Tmac in the Knicks game was overplayed.....

I listen and type, and try to keep bias out......but it won't be a perfect transcription.

I don't see your beef.

DD

20. northeastfan

northeastfan Member