1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] The Avengers

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rcoleman15, Jun 25, 2008.

1. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Sorry, correction -- Fox owns Wolverine/Xmen/Fantastic Four, Sony owns Spider-man. That doesn't change anything, I just don't like giving incorrect information.

1 person likes this.
  2. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

This movie was so ****ing awesome! Wow! I am buzzing after seeing this. Mark Ruffalo stole the show, as well as the actor playing Loki. What a great film!!!!!

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

I guess not that many people saw this movie. This thread is dead.

I'm seeing it this weekend. Friggin stoked!

4. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Movie obviously sucks. I'll be seeing it Thursday night, 12:01am -- IMAX 3D. Let's do this and what not.

5. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Does anyone know if there are anymore tickets left for the midnight showings around Houston?

6. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I thought it was awesome.

Can someone spoiler the answer to the question - after the credits...
    Who is it?

7. Jontro

Jontro Member

What happened after the credits? Is it something to do with Man of Iron 3?

8. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

thanos. http://marvel.com/universe/Thanos

And to the other fellow; it's more likely for avengers 2, or the guardians of the galaxy movie they're talking about making than iron man 3.

1 person likes this.
  9. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Passing on the midnight shows, and doing the IMAX 3D Friday at 9:25 am. I'll just do a half day at work. Nice way to start the weekend.

10. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

The big reason I'm going to a midnight show is for the atmosphere. Don't get me wrong I understand where you're coming from (I'm not going to want to get up for work the next morning). I usually go to Alamo Drafthouse for movies like this, and I think that crowd is the best you can have for movies generally. With that said I think this is one of those movies you see in Imax, and all of the reviews I've seen say that the 3D is done very well. So...yeah.

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I am struggling to wait and see it with my son. . . . else wise . . I'd be at the midnight show or the 9:30 show

Rocket River
    expect the same with Prometheus . .

12. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Ksu6J2yr3WI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. gezza

gezza Member

Saw the movie a few days ago, thought it was great!

I worked on the video game of this movie before it got canned. I can't believe how different...well everything was, from the story to the locations, minor characters, enemies...etc.

14. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

This is correct. Columbia Pictures, an entity of Sony Pictures Entertainment, has the right to produce and distribute Spider-man.

However, I would be careful using the word "owns". Marvel Entertainment technically owns the product and they could always broker a deal in the future with any studio to have Spiderman and Xmen appear in a theatrical release together.

15. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

17. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Wow, just read this. That's great, I was really disappointed when they initially said there wouldn't be another. I'm also glad Ruffalo seems to have turned in a performance that makes Norton's forgettable (Norton is one of my favorite actors, and Hulk one of my favorite characters). 2 more days.

Side note: I made the mistake of reading the comments and someone with the username 'DARKKNIGHTRULZ' or something equally stupid ruined a major plot point of the movie for me. I had a feeling it was going to happen, but that pisses me off so bad. Then he followed it up by saying 'Dark knight is going to be the best movie ever!'; ****ing fanboys...

18. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

I still don't understand why so many people dislike Ang Lee's Hulk as well as Norton's Hulk. I loved them both, Incredible probably a little bit more. And I think Eric Bana and Norton both did fine in the lead.

19. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I didn't really dislike the original Hulk, but it was a bit slow. The final fight was boring, him fighting against gamma dogs was lame as well -- I also didn't like the way they changed his origin. I loved the Incredible Hulk; the beginning where they retconned the previous movie / showed his origin in minutes was outstanding.

20. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Best part of the Avengers movie:

1a. Hulk
    1b. Loki