1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Mavericks 3/6/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 5, 2013.

1. New

While we heard a lot that "everyone can initiate defense", actually there are only two players on this team who can make plays consistently, Harden and Lin. They know what to do when the offense is stagnant, and what they do is repeatable. Harden is much more elite in the sense that what he does does not depend much on his teammates. Lin, on the other hand, relies heavily on his teammates. The main issue is how to have them play together. I guess Mchale was simply choosing Harden over Lin which is correct. But he needs to do better than making this a choice between Harden and Lin, in order to take our team to a champaignship. Mchale does not have a lot of in-game coaching experience, and I'd give him the benefit of doubt and see what he can do in the play-offs.

On the other hand, while Beverly and Douglas are both good players. They do not have a consistent way to run half court offense. In other words, what they do in a half court offense is very random. They hustle hard and sometimes that helps us win the game.

2. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

heh? look at the league, barring blowouts, 90% of games both teams are in a position to win the game....of the Cavs 40 losses for example, they were in a position to win at least 30-33 of those. Being in position to win a tough game is not an accomplishment unless you're extremely short-handed or something.

3. warbirdzone

warbirdzone Contributing Member

Refs were bad and the Lin 3 before half time might've make a difference, but
    this lost is mainly on Mchale for sitting your staring C and PG for the whole
    4th quarter. It's just terrible coaching by mchale in this game no excuse about it.

4. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

woah...in response to the refs or the game flow?? (ie. McHale)..I wonder what thats about.

5. 34to11

34to11 Member

I thought about calling you an idiot in return but your posts beat me to it.

Besides, we all know what your real issue is.

6. hocash

hocash Contributing Member

Maybe mchale is resting Lin's ankle. Who knows. Next game. Not a big deal. Utah lost too. Lakers had to get lucky to neat the Hornets.
    We are fine

7. alethios

alethios Member

maybe he's resting them for the playoff run :grin:

8. Blaster_333

Blaster_333 Member

Eh, I'd say Beverly & Robinson did a good enough job on D, however we did miss Patterson's midrange shot as another option. Who am I kidding, McHale wouldn't have used it anyway.

9. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

Maybe at the fact that we lost a close game

10. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>One game plus/minus far from definitive, but FWIW, best plus/minus on Rockets tonight -- Robinson, Beverley, Delfino and Garcia.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/309531564637822977">March 7, 2013</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

11. New

Agree. This is definitely not a trust issue. It is also not because "Bev played well". "Bev palyer well" is just a necessary condition for Mchale to play Harden iso game, not and never a sufficient condition.

12. TTNN

TTNN Member

I did noticed Bev have problem deliver ball inside to D-Mo before, not sure whether he is too short or else, but I noticed that he was looking for it but could not do it, he mostly pass in parameter, or drive in. If he could not drive, he usually wouldn't be able to get ball in. But it was not a problem for Lin. Lin have size advantage there over Bev for sure.

13. The Rocket

The Rocket Member

Lin should be on the bench man....he SUCKS!....

i dont understand why Delfino was in the game late in the fourth....

the five should have been Bev Harden Parsons T Rob Asik

14. l4z4rd

l4z4rd Member

he obviously meant bogus coach.

15. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

You've been on Clutchfans too long when you honestly think Parson's is talking about McHale.

16. jeddah

jeddah Member

yup...completely agree...and Harden is not in Kobe's caliber yet so ISO'ing him during long stretches is not the best answer for all this Rockets woes..wonder what the FO are thinking right now..

I felt sorry for Coach though...the 4th quarter was a disaster...if only he could trust Lin more...so disappointed of today's game..

17. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

at least we know basketball.....are you people listening to yourselves? Benching a top rebounder in the league cause some rookie PF that showed up 2 days ago was giving you good energy?? wake up folks, that's not acceptable. Plus there's no reason you cant play a PF next to Center, not sure if McHale knows that.

18. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

That has indeed been a good 4th quarter lineup for us. Its our most used lineup in the 4th quarter. Appeared together in 16 games for a total of 68 minutes, and was +38.

19. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

Just answer me this was Lin and Asik playing well tonight?

20. JustaFan

JustaFan Member

Some of you Rocket fans are a joke! defending the fact that your backup point should play the entire fourth quarter over your starting PG. Yeah other teams are really scared of a 6'1 beast of a defender. His defense is not that much greater than Lin's to overcome the loss of ball movement and scoring. I'm sorry, unless he's defending elite PG's like C.Paul, but Collison and Mike James!! Yeah those two are real game changers. Mchail just benched the entire 4th quarter the leading rebounder and shot blocker in Asik, and Lin your leading assists, steals and third in scoring. I could understand if they were playing bad and the backups were playing really good but neither was true.