1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DeMarcus Cousins getting it?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by t_mac1, Feb 18, 2012.

1. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

In February in just 30 minutes of playing time 20 points and 12 boards. And you can see the effort and focus are there more consistently now.

He still has plenty of weaknesses (trouble finishing around the rim, defense, fouling too much...), but maybe he's finally getting it.

And he's only 21. The Kings were right to stick by this guy.

2. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

He's infinitely pissed off and it rubs off on his teammates.

3. CoolColJ

CoolColJ Member

He's a cry baby, constant pout

4. Shaud

Shaud Member

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Haven't watched the Kings in a while. Hope he keeps moving in a positive direction.

6. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

He's been beasting lately.

7. lalala902102001

He always has had the talents and he is very young so he will continue to improve. But his head is still not right, and that's gonna catch up with him sooner or later.

8. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

That is a good article.

Still a BIT too many skirmishes in his record :) Its almost better for a player to fight the opposition ON THE COURT rather than fight the people close to him, being bossier than his superiors. Because thatll SURELY get the rep of being "difficult".

But there's some leadership qualities there once everything is put together.

9. SPF35

SPF35 Member

He has always been a talent, but the mental aspect, not only being a diva but working when he sees fit is just horrible for the team chemistry, team practices, and progression of a young squad. He is tearing it up, but not necessarily a 'winner'

10. Shaud

Shaud Member

Yeah you can't excuse him from all of it he is the blame for some of it. But I think some of his reputation is uncalled for especially those who label him a thug.

I wouldn't even call him a cancer considering Sacramento was a mess on the court when he got there. At Kentucky he wasn't a cancer.

11. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Wanted to make EXACTLY the same thread. I am impressed, especially with his rebounding. He will be an all star next year and hopefully his behaviour will allow him to be coached into a superstar.

He has it all. I would say he is the 2nd most skilled big man in the game today EASILY. And for his size he's pretty mobile

12. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

I would take D Cousins in a heartbeat and I would try anyone on the roster to get him.

13. Jontro

Jontro Member

Agreed. Hopefully in the positive direction of Houston soon, while Thabeet + Hill + Fillers also moves to the positive direction of Sacramento.

Amen.

14. 713

713 Member

i would trade the WHOLE rockets team for d cousins..

15. OremLK

OremLK Member

I wouldn't but I would trade away our future for him. Patterson, Morris, Motiejunas, Parsons, and the NYK draft pick would all be on the table.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

This would be not wise I have a hunch about Morris, Dmo becoming really good and Cousins falling off a bit.

Cousins needs to be a hard worker, working harder than Shaq to become the dominant force.

Dmo has less way to go to at least become Bargnani lite.

17. what

what Member

Imagine if the twolves had picked this guy at the talent they'd have. I still can't understand that draft: i never liked john wall as a player and I always thought that Greg Monroe was the best player in that draft and that Cousins had the most upside. It was a really screwy draft.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They were enamored with his speed.

19. OremLK

OremLK Member

I'm enamored with speed too.

Oops did I say that out loud?

:p

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Things do sound better in your head sometimes than outside

I thought nowadays Front Offices all over the NBA are generally kind of cautious to take on big men. There were tons of Busts in our recent memory.
    Point Guards have been developing pretty well with the new set of rules particularly.
    They just have the edge and a better track record of panning out.