1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Jimmer Fredette Highlights (2011-12)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by batkins, Dec 18, 2011.

1. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/27IQ_teOAy4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  2. Sym0™

Sym0™ Member

I was watching and even some of his misses were even half way down the rim. Ofcourse shooting was never really the issue.

Thanks again batkins, your youtube channel is fantastic.

3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Damn he might be the real deal

4. arjun

arjun Member

Damn. Imagine him on the heat or suns

5. arjun

arjun Member

Or Dallas

6. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

What's important to note, and what's not depicted in the video, is that he didn't do that bad on defense. Don't get me wrong - he's still going to struggle in that regard - but he did not stick out like a sore thumb as many expected. Only remember one blow-by (and it was Monta Ellis), and a few instances of double teaming unnecessarily or missing a rotation.

7. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Meh, he's exactly like Redick. He's gonna get a lot more attention, playing time, and stats though, because he's on a horrid team instead of a (was) contending one like Magic when Redick got drafted.

8. arjun

arjun Member

No, he's better

9. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

thats what you think.

10. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

He's MUCH better than Reddick. Reddick cannot, and never will be able to, create his own shot.

11. The CDN Dream

The CDN Dream Member

- from what i saw, he has matador defence and needs help defence to cover that
    - still a sniper
    - better than reddick because he can handle the ball in order to create his own shot
    - watching him matching up with curry was awesome
    - two college snipers from non big name schools carrying their teams through captivating seasons

12. Nelly

Nelly Contributing Member

They already have a player like that: Jason Terry. To me him and Jimmer have a similar game.

13. Landry92

Landry92 Member

He played OK defense surprisingly and had some in and outs.

Will be in the running for rookie of the year if Paul Westphal doesn't play mind games with him and if he keeps his shot selection and understand his role.

14. icewill36

icewill36 Member

he doesnt play anything like reddick

reddick does not put the ball on the floor. hell reddick cant even bring the ball upcourt. JJ wishes he had jimmers handle and ability to get into the lane

15. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Impressed me... plays hard, moves really well, and gets himself open for his own shots. Comparing him to Redick seems off, since he seems as fast if not faster, but has a much more solid body that seems better suited to the NBA.

I was impressed... has a good court sense, and Kings fans should enjoy watching him.

16. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Jimmer looked good for his first real action against pros. There were maybe two plays where he got completely bamboozled on defense (once to Monte Ellis and once to Klay Thompson) but other than that he didn't look any worse than the rest of the Kings line up.

With Chuck and Demarcus in there I hope (HOPE) that the defense improves cause goodness knows it can't look much worse. Especially in the first half I felt like I was watching the Warriors play in an exhibition game because there was no defense played on them at all.

17. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Jeff Hornacek type "throwback" guard. Guards that can shoot and are able to separate and create space for their shot. The main thing is not sucking on defense.

18. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Jimmer is a better shooter.
    Other than that, yeah they're pretty similar.
    I'd almost say Jimmer is less athletic than Redick.

19. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Looks like he was being guarded by that defensive force known as Steph Curry most of the time.

20. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

Before we get too excited, Jennings scored 55 vs Warriors last year.