1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kobe on Arenas' 60 pts game: "he took terribe shots"

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by RocketsMac, Dec 19, 2006.

1. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

just saw it on "Tuesday Night with Ahmad Rashad" on NBA TV. they were talking about the 60 points game Arenas had against the Lakers. then they played a clip of Kobe's post game interview. when he was asked about Arenas performance, he said "yeah, yeah.. well, the guy took some terrible shots.. some of the shots he took were terrible and he didn't make them" Ahmad Rashad was Laughing along with Damon Jones and Patrick Ewing (show guests). Damon said that everybody was happy for Kobe when he scored 81 including Arenas, so hearing Kobe say something like that is very disappointing and surprising. Ewing was like "something like that coming out of Kobe is just crazy".

Arenas went 17/32 from the field (ridiculous 53%), 5/12 from the 3pt line (42%, not bad considering that they were all contested shots), and 21/27 from the freethrow line. Wizards won the game 147-141 in overtime with Arenas hitting a couple of clutchshots down the stretch.

I am a long time Kobe-hater, and hearing this just made me a bigger hater especially considering that Arenas is my 3rd favorite player after Tmac and Jkidd. IMO, Kobe just proved that he is a stupid loser and he has no respect for anybody. Kobe is a terrible guy and his personality is disgusting. it might be true that he is the best "scorer" (with Tmac out) in the league right now but he is not even close to being the best offensive player considering that he is a ballhog. :rolleyes:

btw, Kobe will be playing the bulls tonight on NBA TV, I hope Nocioni shuts him down and the Bulls beat his sorry Fakers.

2. superden

superden Contributing Member

That is such a lack of resepct on Kobe's part. Talk about being a sore loser. You got took, just suck it up and admit it. I like how he says that Arenas took bad shots... Kobe certainly needs to self evaluate himself sometime.

3. VicVictory

VicVictory Member

Haha, kobe lets Gilbert light his team up for 60pts and all he can do his hate. Just shows you how much class he has.

4. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

I was curious about when someone would post this. I can't start threads myself. I too have no respect for Kobe, the person. And it's not because 'he's the best player so everyone hates him.' I have no problem w/ Wade, Lebron, etc. I think it's pretty transparent what kind of personality he has. I'm surprised so many people think he's changed or he's any different from a few years ago.

Who does this describe - takes poor shots, gets favorable calls, gets an unfair amount of free throws, scores 60+ points, leads his team. My first thought is Kobe. And he's accusing Arenas? If anyone else did the name-calling it would be a little more tolerable (although still immature and obviously just lashing out). Arenas was in the zone and took many tough shots. Kobe should know better than anyone about grabbing the ball and taking your shot despite the fact that someone else is open.

Before you know it Kobe is going to start calling out other players for cheating on their wives.

5. tsunami

tsunami Member

Was Kobe just joking or he was serious about it ?

6. The Ming Dynasty

The Ming Dynasty Contributing Member

Kobe's a punk - wha'd you expect?

7. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

To me, Kobe said this because he was hatin after a loss, but the words are somewhat merited. I love Gilbert Arenas, but his game is just weird. He can score from pretty much anywhere, which makes him a superstar. Most players are better shooters when their wide open...Gilbert just has no conscience, and the defense good or bad really doesn't effect his shot much. He's just like the Kobe of a couple of years ago..hell Kobe nowadays even resorts to terrible shot hogging when the Lakers are losing. Kobe took at least 15 terrible shots vs Shane Battier's defense, but he was just on fire. Kobe should give respect to Gilbert being on fire. The Wizards need two out of their big three to be playing well to win most games.

8. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Get outta my head. Stop stealing my thoughts!!! :D

9. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Hahaha. High five! :p

10. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

Kobe is an ultra competitive guy. Sometimes you get people who can be competitive and nice, but for the most part people with that menality are jerks.

11. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

You're right, but personally I don't even mind the jerks that much. Kobe worsens his situation by projecting the nice guy image that most perceptive people can see right through. It's irritating.

12. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe Kobe hears that stuff so much about his game that he is such a poor loser that he has to project that on to other people.

All of what he said could be and has been said about him time and time again.

I really can't stand Kobe, and I love that Gilbert did that against him.

13. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

it gets better; Kobe just got killed by the Bulls :eek:

he only had 19 points on 6/19 from the field and 0/5 from 3pt line AND 4 TOs. that's not mentioning that Lakers got every call they could possibly get from the officials and the Bulls got robbed on almost every single play and he got 8 BS freethrows. I am just so happy that he got what he deserves. one more thing: he fouled out :eek: . oh and one more thing: the game was on NBA TV :p

Scott Skiles is a freakin genius! he got Kobe on lock. he had a defender opening the left lane for him, and when Kobe took it, Big Ben came to help and forced Kobe to make a hard pass or jack up a shot (which he did frequently). I really enjoyed watching Kobe getting frustrated and getting killed by the Bulls. I would really love to see my Rockets play similar D on him. I already have his game marked on my calender, I actually memorized the date, it's January 10th and it's a home game. get ready Kobe, our Healthy Tmac, Battier, and healthy Kirk Snyder will put your sorry a$$ on LOCK :D

14. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

Interesting.. anyone can get a link to this NBA TV stuff somewhere, sometime, somehow?

15. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061218/ap_on_sp_bk_ne/bkn_arenas_kobe

16. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

Kobe is a jerk. and call me a jerk if you want, but I believe that Lakers do better with Kobe ON THE BENCH! :eek: . I am not kidding, I dont know if stats support that or not (most likely not), but I just feel that the Lakers have a great connection with each other when Mr. Ballhog is sitting on the bench. they seem to play more aggressive, they seem to be having fun when Kobe is not playing. I can expect that because as a long time b-ball player who gives everything he has, I cant give a 100% effort when I am playing with a selfish teammate! I just cant. I dont have a problem with playing with a ballhog but it's a mental thing. this reaction comes from the spinal cord, not from my brain :D . it's unbelievable. what I hate the most is when a forward starts dribbling and dribbling and he has 2 guys on him and I (the PG/ ballhandler) is just waiting on him. I just wish the other team gets a steal or something :D

17. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The Bulls can play some serious D. If they can avoid some of their offensive lapses, they can win the East. They remind me of the Detroit Pistons right before the Rasheed Wallace trade. If Deng (who was marvelous tonight) & Nocioni continue to develop and if Ben Gordon keeps it going, they are the favorite in the East IMO. On the other hand, this hot streak is nice but it won't last. They are soooo young. Their nucleus of Deng/Nocioni/Gordon/Hinrich plus their two rookies and high draft pick in 2007 sets them in a great position going forward.

On Kobe: I'm glad he said it. It was great watching Gilbert take a bow to the LA fans. What a show! I hope he does it again on Feb 3rd. It's great so many people on the forum notice and are talking about him so much this season. :D

18. Sofine81

Sofine81 Member

I have ZERO repect for Kobe. Words cannot express how much I hope the next time he sticks that stupid long tongue of his out; that he accidently bites it off! :mad:

19. wireonfire

wireonfire Contributing Member

Kobe is a dick, plain and simple.

20. YallMean

YallMean Member

Those were terrible shots, Kobe was right.
    But that doesnt mean he never took terrible shots.