1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sacramento is fed up with Cousins

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by OlajuwonFan81, Dec 29, 2015.

1. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

I was on my way home from work listening to the local radio show and it was clear as day that the majority of fans and even the play by play announcer who has his own show is sick and tired of Cousins shenanigans; especially considering they are still a losing team with him.

With his latest debacle in Golden State last night it seems that the fans are finally open to the fact of trading him. Whether Vlade is on board with this is anyone's guess. Vlade seems to be his biggest supporter and continues to reject any notions of Cousins being traded. If they continue to lose and Cousins continues to act up....I could see a trade brewing because at this point they aren't winning with him so they might as well get rid of the guy and try and get some pieces they can build around. It's also clear that the HOF coach George Karl would probably prefer to move him. He doesn't fit in the system and continues to do idiotic selfish things on the court that makes it difficult for the team to win.

If I'm the Rockets, I do everything in my power to acquire this guy. He's the best big in the game right now besides Drummond. Cousins has always been a favorite of Morey's so if it takes getting rid of some highly talented players like howard and DMo so be it.

2. Jontro

Jontro Member

Houston is also fed up with Cousins in Sacramento. He should be moved here.

However, with our current condition, I don't think we'll win many games even if we had Curry.

3. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Well if they do, its gonna be Boston or Philly.

Also, I am so tired of Sacramento's incompetence.

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

More accurate thread title would be Sacramento Fans are fed up with Cousins

I mean,,,you indeed said it

5. amaru

amaru Member

Say what you want about Howard, but at least he hasn't led the NBA in Technical fouls 5 years running.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I had grave doubts about Cousins mentality and maturity from the beginning. At the same time, I didn't realize he would develop into such a talented player.

He needs to leave the Kings. A change of scenery is probably the only hope for his head to ever be screwed on correctly. But he could be unsalvageable.

The Kings deserve this. Firing Malone and bringing in Karl was stupid beyond description.

Vivek Ranadivé is one of the biggest jokes in professional sports. I doubt the Kings are anything more than a punchline while he owns the franchise.

8. mig0s

mig0s Member

So they are fed up with their best player in the last 10 years? mmmk

9. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

I do would like to see how Harden and Cousins would coexist on the same team

Cousins leads the league in Usage rate, would like to see how he would adjust not being able to have the ball majority of the time

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Well, what's SAC risking if Cousins leaves? That the team will lose a bunch of games and miss the playoffs?

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

He absolutely HATED playing with Reke. In fact, that is where his resentment against the franchise began.

We can only imagine how much Cousins would enjoy watching Harden dribble the air out of the ball.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

So you're saying they won't miss a beat? :p

Carl, what is your take on Cousins?

At one point you were willing to trade James for Love. Would you trade James for Cousins? I know, I know, not happening.

13. Juxtaposed Jolt

No point in having a good player if 'Mento, as a franchise, is mediocre or below every single year they have him.

14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I've never been a Boogie believer and I'm still not. An all-stats guy who doesn't really contribute to winning (yet).

15. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Celtics have a ton of assets especially with that Nets unprotected pick.

16. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

I would love to make a play for him, but if we can't get him, I hope he goes to Boston.

17. Zergling

Zergling Member

Funny how an "all-stats" no win guy somehow starts winning when he goes to a better team.

Everyone said the same thing about Chris Bosh. 2 rings later...

18. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

A better comparison would be Zbo. The guy was such a knucklehead but he really turned his career around in Memphis. Same with Rasheed Wallace and going to Detroit. I definitely think Cousins can turn it around. Hell it seems like they were turning a corner the year Malone was let go.

19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Yeah. Not happening. Both are really talented and flawed, but at this point I'd just stay with Harden.

20. mig0s

mig0s Member

Do you believe in Anthony Davis then? Yes they made the playoffs last year but they are 10-21 this year