1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

#13 Houston (The Pursuit of Perfection) vs UConn

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Fulgore, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Pratt & Whitney Stadium

Saturday 2:30p

No line or totals due to Greg Ward's injury status

TV/radio: ESPNU. KPRC 950am

Weather: 49 degrees @ kickoff. No rain

I believe this is the first ever meeting between the schools. Coogs looking for their 12 straight victory

Go Coogs!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. AFS

AFS Member

Should be a Coogs win regardless of who is starting. I wouldn't mind Ward sitting out another week and getting healthy. We're gonna need him playing like he did earlier in the season against Navy and Postma has shown he can move the ball.

I'm also expecting our running game to dominate them. The o-line should bounce back and give a better performance against UConn than they did against Memphis.

Everything Herman has said in his interviews seems like they're committed to getting the win this game. They know this is a trap game and they're prepared for it. Doesn't seem like the weather will be so cold that it'll factor into the outcome of the game.

3. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

You have any info on Uconn? They've won 5 games but not sure if they beat a bunch of cupcakes or if they might give the Coogs a decent game. Any info is appreciated. Thank you

4. AFS

AFS Member

The stuff I know about them is taken from the Scott&Holman podcast (take a listen to their stuff btw. I think they've done a pretty good job).

https://soundcloud.com/scottandholm...omeback-vs-memphis-hoops-opener-uconn-preview

In that episode, they talk about UConn and do an interview with a UConn beatwriter. Seems like UConn has a strong secondary that forces a lot of interceptions, but they're weak against the run.

Their offense has been bad and their QB is mediocre. Their inability to sustain drives is what loses them most of their games.

5. Harden2Dwight

Harden2Dwight Member

trap game.

UCONN isnt good but its a road game, and we are coming off one of our biggest wins in school history. Herman will have our guys prepared but dont be surprised if uconn is in most of the game.

6. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

UConn is not good, but they're not bad enough to overlook.

I like this game as a tune-up for Navy.

Let's take care of business.

7. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Cool thanks. Just hope they won't fall asleep looking towards next week against navy. I'm sure Herm will have the troops ready to roll

8. The Stig

The Stig Member

Does anyone know if they're still selling tickets for the UH/Navy game at the ticket office?

I keep hearing it's sold out. Thought maybe someone would know here.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

A limited amount of standing room only tickets were released on Tuesday but those were the only ones left that were available at the box office

10. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Soldout Tuesday. I'm sure you can get them on stub hub but of course it will be more than $25 like they were selling on campus.

11. PhiSlammaJamma

Houston 27 UCONN 21

12. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

With the news of Herman's contract negotiations...

UH - 7,986,598,723,465,786,234,875
    UConn - 0

13. PhiSlammaJamma

I thought the look on Herman's face after the last win, during the interview, was priceless, sorta like he couldn't believe that just happened. I think the team has gone above and beyond even his expectations. And so I can see him sitting at home thinking one of two things, either I am a golden god and I am this good or I can't believe my luck inheriting this team. Either way, it's all happening!

14. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Coogs favored by 10 totals 48.5

15. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Line dropped to 7.5

16. AFS

AFS Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">RG Kameron Eloph will not start today vs. UConn as result of head injury suffered in practice this week</p>&mdash; Joseph Duarte (@Joseph_Duarte) <a href="https://twitter.com/Joseph_Duarte/status/668160062947516417">November 21, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Another week, another o-line injury.

17. jbasket

jbasket Member

Any streams?

18. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Ward must be playing. Went back up to 9.5

19. AFS

AFS Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">If you didn’t join my pre-game Periscope, well, shame on you. Asked QB Greg Ward Jr. if he was starting &amp; he shook his helmet no. Stay tuned</p>&mdash; Joseph Duarte (@Joseph_Duarte) <a href="https://twitter.com/Joseph_Duarte/status/668164023595212800">November 21, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

20. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Uconn made that look too easy